Blaze destroys vacant Jeannette house
Firefighters worked for about an hour Sunday evening to extinguish a blaze that gutted a vacant, two-story brick house in Jeannette.
The fire at 219 Chestnut Street was reported just before 8:30 p.m. and was under control in about an hour, Jeannette Fire Department Capt. Chuck Miller said.
No injuries were reported, he said.
The state police fire marshal ruled the fire's cause as electrical, Miller said. He said the fire is not suspicious.
“There was heavy flames in the first and second floor,” Miller said. “The house is a total loss.”
Neighboring homes were not damaged.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Judge refuses to reduce bail for McKeesport robbery suspect
- Civic organization donates to Clairton Police Department
- Pirates’ Worley tosses 4-hit shutout vs. Giants
- West Mifflin woman held for court, accused of leaving baby unattended
- The left’s dark money manager
- Approval for Wal-Mart closer in McCandless
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Killer sharks are taking over the air, and the airwaves
- Westmoreland women stole thousands to finance dog show appearances
- Freeport grad picks PSAC’s Mercyhurst