Fan replacement work to close Mt. Washington Transit Tunnel
Port Authority's T and several bus routes will be detoured Wednesday and Thursday nights due to fan replacement work in the Mt. Washington Transit Tunnel.
The tunnel will close from 8:30 p.m. until the end of service each night. It will be open in time for each day's morning commute.
During the closure, all T service will be routed over the former Allentown Line in both directions. Due to the detour, both the red and blue T lines will be unable to reach Station Square, so a rail shuttle will operate between Station Square and First Avenue Station. Buses that normally use the tunnel will also be detoured.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Trojans, Centurions battle for Class A crown
- Kiski Area to play football at Davis Field this season
- ‘Voice of Pittsburgh’ was proud of Mon Valley roots
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- Tesla home battery at $7K, partnered with rooftop solar system, may help reduce power bills
- Alle-Kiski Valley parades with pride on Memorial Day
- Steel Valley softball gets 3rd try at Seton-La Salle
- With space to spare, Pittsburgh International draws corporate jet carrier
- Accident at West Virginia’s Cheat Lake sends boaters to hospital
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun in McKeesport; boy critical
- Highlands board votes to allow ads on website