Fan replacement work to close Mt. Washington Transit Tunnel
Port Authority's T and several bus routes will be detoured Wednesday and Thursday nights due to fan replacement work in the Mt. Washington Transit Tunnel.
The tunnel will close from 8:30 p.m. until the end of service each night. It will be open in time for each day's morning commute.
During the closure, all T service will be routed over the former Allentown Line in both directions. Due to the detour, both the red and blue T lines will be unable to reach Station Square, so a rail shuttle will operate between Station Square and First Avenue Station. Buses that normally use the tunnel will also be detoured.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers notebook: Injuries finally become issue at training camp
- Pirates notebook: New acquisition Happ more than happy to fill spot in rotation
- Inside the Steelers: QB Jones continues to get majority of snaps
- Steelers swap draft pick for Eagles cornerback
- Gameday: Pirates at Reds, Aug. 2, 2015
- Former Steeler Mendenhall relishes writing for HBO’s ‘Ballers’
- Architecture: Visionaries saw buildings but not the political surroundings
- East Liberty native steps off Broadway to bring ‘Kinky Boots’ home
- Road Trip! Destination: Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- Western Pa. prosecutors zero in on human trafficking; legislation pending
- Pittsburgh Glass Center exhibits new wares that reinterpret antiquities