Fan replacement work to close Mt. Washington Transit Tunnel
Port Authority's T and several bus routes will be detoured Wednesday and Thursday nights due to fan replacement work in the Mt. Washington Transit Tunnel.
The tunnel will close from 8:30 p.m. until the end of service each night. It will be open in time for each day's morning commute.
During the closure, all T service will be routed over the former Allentown Line in both directions. Due to the detour, both the red and blue T lines will be unable to reach Station Square, so a rail shuttle will operate between Station Square and First Avenue Station. Buses that normally use the tunnel will also be detoured.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Offense awakens to lead Steelers past Panthers
- Former manager of Consol’s land office charged with 60 counts of mail fraud
- 53 Allegheny County bridges slated for rehab
- Steelers notebook: Rooney says owners support Goodell
- Peduto’s first budget proposal seeks to increase property tax rate
- Legally blind Pirates fan hangs on every play, has kept score for decades
- Rossi: State of NFL gives Steelers a chance
- Penguins forward Megna’s skill set might be perfect fit
- Game changers: Turnover leads to elusive TD for Steelers
- Mother sues Butler County Jail, Butler Memorial Hospital after son dies in custody
- Port Authority bus drives over embankment; driver only one aboard