Fan replacement work to close Mt. Washington Transit Tunnel
Port Authority's T and several bus routes will be detoured Wednesday and Thursday nights due to fan replacement work in the Mt. Washington Transit Tunnel.
The tunnel will close from 8:30 p.m. until the end of service each night. It will be open in time for each day's morning commute.
During the closure, all T service will be routed over the former Allentown Line in both directions. Due to the detour, both the red and blue T lines will be unable to reach Station Square, so a rail shuttle will operate between Station Square and First Avenue Station. Buses that normally use the tunnel will also be detoured.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Kittanning boys soccer team pleases new coach in season-opening loss
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Maryland doctor will give up license
- HS highlight reel: Highmark set to host HS matches
- 2nd American journalist beheaded as ISIS jihadist taunts, ‘I’m back, Obama’
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- High school roundup: South Fayette opens section play with victory