Miami airport terminal reopens after evacuation
MIAMI — Police say the Miami airport is up and running after a brief evacuation of one terminal.
A bomb-sniffing dog detected something suspicious on a pallet, and Terminal J was evacuated about 7 a.m. Wednesday. The evacuation lasted more than an hour.
Miami-Dade police spokeswoman Robin Pinkard says the suspicious package has been removed and an investigation continues.
During the evacuation, all planes were diverted away from the terminal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers trade punter Wing to Giants for pick
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno dies, hospital says
- Pitt forward Maia injured during workouts
- Police seek 2 in Derry Twp. luring attempt
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto: Public has stake in Penguins
- Dozen injured when dump truck rear-ends Port Authority bus near Rankin Bridge
- Experts warn Kane’s Haiti trip might jeopardize any case from 2014 wiretap
- Steelers laud decision, praise Brady for taking on Goodell
- With most starters resting, Steelers turn in lackluster loss at Heinz
- Young guns lead way into pivotal Pirates-Cardinals series
- McKeesport police investigating overnight shooting