Arrest warrant issued for Plum attorney who failed to appear
A Plum attorney scheduled to be sentenced on Wednesday for running a $1.7 million mortgage fraud scheme checked herself into a hospital instead of going to federal court. Her next stop will apparently be the Allegheny County Jail.
U.S. District Judge Cathy Bissoon issued an arrest warrant for Lisa Gerideau-Williams, 47, because she failed to appear in court. Assistant U.S. Attorney Brendan Conway requested the warrant.
Warner Mariani, Gerideau-Williams' attorney, said his client emailed him on Wednesday morning that she was going to the hospital without any further explanation.
“I didn't know anything about it,” he said.
Gerideau-Williams pleaded guilty in January to 16 counts of wire fraud, filing false income tax returns and failing to file income tax returns. She operated Genesis Home Solution, a mortgage broker business, and two companies that specialized in closing real estate transactions, prosecutors say.
Using these companies, she submitted loan applications to lenders without the authority of the people whose names she was using to borrow money. She used the applications to lie about the borrowers' financial condition, prosecutors say.
She also diverted money from her clients to her personal use and billed borrowers for services she did not provide, prosecutors said.
Brian Bowling is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-325-4301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- DVD reviews: ‘The Giver,’ ‘The Expendables 3’ and ‘What If’
- Firefighters extinguish fire that damages 6 cabs at Yellow Cab Co.
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Miami coach Golden shrugs off recent losses as Pitt visits
- Boyce Park to open ski season Friday
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- PIT wants non-passengers allowed past security to shop
- Reading’s ‘ugly’ Christmas tree getting single red bulb
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches 800 career points