Bethel Park bank held up, robber flees
There were no injuries in a bank robbery Wednesday afternoon in Bethel Park.
The holdup occurred at 3:48 p.m. at the Northwest Savings Bank in the 6200 block of Library Road, said police Sgt. Rob Stiglich. The robber did not display or say he had a weapon, the sergeant said.
The robber walked into the bank and said, “Give me money,” then reached behind the teller's counter, grabbed the cash and ran out the door, Stiglich said.
Police from several communities, including K-9 officers, helped search the neighborhood. The robber was described as white, about 6 feet tall and in his 20s. He was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, a dark baseball cap and a light bandana on his face, Stiglich said.
Anyone with information about him is asked to call police at 412-833-2000.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Pirates acquire infielder from Indians, designate Axford, Gomez for assignment
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Jack Bruce, bassist of 60s band Cream, dies at 71
- Penguins look to buck shots, goals trend
- Flight 93 memorial fire hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Cafeteria worker tried to stop Washington school shooter
- Fábregas: Cancer-stricken California woman chooses to plan her death
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- Lower Burrell man, awaiting trial, jailed for shoplifting