Herrs Island, Washington's Landing buildings evacuated due to gas odor
Several buildings were evacuated on Herrs Island and Washington's Landing because of an odor of natural gas on Thursday, an emergency dispatch supervisor said.
The odor was reported about 11:10 a.m., the supervisor said.
Equitable Gas spokesman Scott Waitlevertch said just after 1 p.m. that tenants were allowed back into the buildings. Crews checked the buildings and the area, but did not find any natural gas, Waitlevertch said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh angles to keep Heinz headquarters in merger
- Police seek leads in shooting outside Wylie Avenue bar
- Brashear capsule donation sought by history center
- Roberto Clemente Bridge closes for construction of bike lanes
- ACCESS van driver from Oakmont accused of repeatedly raping passenger
- About face: Pirates’ Burnett now digging the shifts
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Munhall’s Strom helps Cal (Pa.) rise to the top
- A-K Valley roundup: No. 1 Fox Chapel volleyball blanks North Allegheny
- School choice tax credit expansion bill touted
- Bodies of Kochu, Gray found in Ohio River in West Virginia