Herrs Island, Washington's Landing buildings evacuated due to gas odor
Several buildings were evacuated on Herrs Island and Washington's Landing because of an odor of natural gas on Thursday, an emergency dispatch supervisor said.
The odor was reported about 11:10 a.m., the supervisor said.
Equitable Gas spokesman Scott Waitlevertch said just after 1 p.m. that tenants were allowed back into the buildings. Crews checked the buildings and the area, but did not find any natural gas, Waitlevertch said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sloppy Penguins fall to Hurricanes
- Salvation Army in W.Pa. uses social media campaign
- Mirai debut brings fuel cell future closer
- Texan who targeted Mexican consulate in Austin killed in shootout with police
- Penn State still seeking respect as No. 10 Spartans visit for finale
- Steelers notebook: Defense has a retro feel
- Police say Thanksgiving to year’s end worst time of year for drunken driving
- NFL notebook: Browns’ Manziel says he tried to avoid altercation
- Energy stocks ‘hammered’ as crude oil tumbles
- Pitt’s challenge: Contain Miami’s Johnson, Dorsett
- Auto technology gives mobile computing a new meaning