Herrs Island, Washington's Landing buildings evacuated due to gas odor
Several buildings were evacuated on Herrs Island and Washington's Landing because of an odor of natural gas on Thursday, an emergency dispatch supervisor said.
The odor was reported about 11:10 a.m., the supervisor said.
Equitable Gas spokesman Scott Waitlevertch said just after 1 p.m. that tenants were allowed back into the buildings. Crews checked the buildings and the area, but did not find any natural gas, Waitlevertch said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game