Herrs Island, Washington's Landing buildings evacuated due to gas odor
Several buildings were evacuated on Herrs Island and Washington's Landing because of an odor of natural gas on Thursday, an emergency dispatch supervisor said.
The odor was reported about 11:10 a.m., the supervisor said.
Equitable Gas spokesman Scott Waitlevertch said just after 1 p.m. that tenants were allowed back into the buildings. Crews checked the buildings and the area, but did not find any natural gas, Waitlevertch said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starter Liriano strikes out 12, leads Pirates to series sweep of Mets
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics
- Rossi: After L.A., NFL should tread carefully
- Motorcyclist killed after striking pole in Penn Township
- Ex-Baldwin, Pitt star Pinkston not giving up on NFL dream
- Pirates notebook: Substance rule a sticky subject
- Indianapolis 500 notebook: Ganassi drivers stumble early
- Oncologists wary of scaled-back guidelines in cancer screenings
- Heyl: Soldiers & Sailors pushes for monument honoring modern-day veterans
- Cochran repair center planned in Harrison
- Montoya passes Power on final lap to bring home Indy 500 win