Herrs Island, Washington's Landing buildings evacuated due to gas odor
Several buildings were evacuated on Herrs Island and Washington's Landing because of an odor of natural gas on Thursday, an emergency dispatch supervisor said.
The odor was reported about 11:10 a.m., the supervisor said.
Equitable Gas spokesman Scott Waitlevertch said just after 1 p.m. that tenants were allowed back into the buildings. Crews checked the buildings and the area, but did not find any natural gas, Waitlevertch said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates lose on late Cardinals rally
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Artist twists buildings to create ‘dancing city’
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Penn State edges Central Florida on last-second field goal
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- Penguins goalie Fleury likely to enter season without new contract
- Federal appeals panel orders new trial for Penn Hills man