Herrs Island, Washington's Landing buildings evacuated due to gas odor
Several buildings were evacuated on Herrs Island and Washington's Landing because of an odor of natural gas on Thursday, an emergency dispatch supervisor said.
The odor was reported about 11:10 a.m., the supervisor said.
Equitable Gas spokesman Scott Waitlevertch said just after 1 p.m. that tenants were allowed back into the buildings. Crews checked the buildings and the area, but did not find any natural gas, Waitlevertch said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pedestrian struck, killed by train in Coraopolis
- Bridgeville man ready to reboot ‘Robot Repair’ at Pittsburgh airport
- Steelers interested in playing internationally again
- New Fort Pitt Museum exhibit explores early settlers captured by Indians
- Memorial Day weekend events planned for Lower Valley communities
- Photo Gallery: Testing airplanes at North Hills High School
- Allegheny County cutting ties with Corizon Health following death of 2 inmates at county jail
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Armed bandit holds up Leechburg gas station
- Baldwin-Whitehall teacher charged with assault for hitting male student in chest
- Shaler Area preliminary budget shows $1.7M shortfall