Herrs Island, Washington's Landing buildings evacuated due to gas odor
Several buildings were evacuated on Herrs Island and Washington's Landing because of an odor of natural gas on Thursday, an emergency dispatch supervisor said.
The odor was reported about 11:10 a.m., the supervisor said.
Equitable Gas spokesman Scott Waitlevertch said just after 1 p.m. that tenants were allowed back into the buildings. Crews checked the buildings and the area, but did not find any natural gas, Waitlevertch said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Trained teachers, staff to treat allergic students under Pennsylvania law
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
- ‘Foxcatcher’ filmmaker Miller drawn to odd story
- Youngwood fire department, recalling community’s help in dark hour, reaches out to homeless family
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- Valley reaches out to brighten East Deer cancer patient’s holiday
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Pitt offensive coordinator Rudolph still focused on Panthers
- LaBar: Comparing NXT to WWE
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game