Moon teacher claims district won't give her permanent job because of her age
A long-term substitute teacher claims in a federal lawsuit filed Thursday that Moon Area School District has repeatedly refused to hire her for a permanent teaching position because of her age.
Lisa L. Marconi of Moon who was 45 in 2010, says in the lawsuit that the district has passed her over repeatedly because of her age and because of three age-discrimination claims she filed between 2010 and 2012.
The district's spokeswoman and its solicitor couldn't be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: After L.A., NFL should tread carefully
- Starter Liriano strikes out 12, leads Pirates to series sweep of Mets
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics
- Oncologists wary of scaled-back guidelines in cancer screenings
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Neighbor arrested after McKeesport house fire, authorities say
- Posthumous election wins have happened in Western Pa., nation
- Unquestionable courage & sacrifice
- Early success in White House race a pleasant surprise for Carson
- Memorial Day service in National Cemetery of the Alleghenies still growing
- Motorist killed in Armstrong County rollover crash