Moon teacher claims district won't give her permanent job because of her age
A long-term substitute teacher claims in a federal lawsuit filed Thursday that Moon Area School District has repeatedly refused to hire her for a permanent teaching position because of her age.
Lisa L. Marconi of Moon who was 45 in 2010, says in the lawsuit that the district has passed her over repeatedly because of her age and because of three age-discrimination claims she filed between 2010 and 2012.
The district's spokeswoman and its solicitor couldn't be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ 5-game winning streak ends with 1-0 loss to Brewers
- Pirates find a bridge at end of baseball world
- Electricity rates expected to increase this winter
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania
- Paying tuition a challenge as costs skyrocket and aid varies
- More companies embrace exchanges to curb health care costs
- Starkey: Can Steelers’ Mitchell find Carolina cure?
- Penn State rolls past Massachusetts
- Penguins’ Rutherford hopes to raise Cup again
- SWAT team responds to incident in Edgeworth
- Vandergrift Arts & Crafts Festival brings community together, shows off the town