Moon teacher claims district won't give her permanent job because of her age
A long-term substitute teacher claims in a federal lawsuit filed Thursday that Moon Area School District has repeatedly refused to hire her for a permanent teaching position because of her age.
Lisa L. Marconi of Moon who was 45 in 2010, says in the lawsuit that the district has passed her over repeatedly because of her age and because of three age-discrimination claims she filed between 2010 and 2012.
The district's spokeswoman and its solicitor couldn't be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Real estate executive Hanna’s gifts target needy Western Pa. families
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- 3 ways to dig up dirt on people
- Statistically speaking: Rockies’ bullpen suffering meltdowns
- New Kensington-Arnold principals given new duties to reflect realignment
- Dunbar Twp. man held for trial in DUI fatality
- South Buffalo Township woman accused of stealing nearly $13K from employer
- Annual Rural Valley festival kicks off Thursday
- 2014 has been among deadliest for the world’s airline industry