Moon teacher claims district won't give her permanent job because of her age
A long-term substitute teacher claims in a federal lawsuit filed Thursday that Moon Area School District has repeatedly refused to hire her for a permanent teaching position because of her age.
Lisa L. Marconi of Moon who was 45 in 2010, says in the lawsuit that the district has passed her over repeatedly because of her age and because of three age-discrimination claims she filed between 2010 and 2012.
The district's spokeswoman and its solicitor couldn't be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Trial near for Shaler man paralyzed in Pittsburgh police shooting
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Americans detained in North Korea call for US help
- Baldwin native McNulty’s storied legal career leads to Grove City post