Moon teacher claims district won't give her permanent job because of her age
A long-term substitute teacher claims in a federal lawsuit filed Thursday that Moon Area School District has repeatedly refused to hire her for a permanent teaching position because of her age.
Lisa L. Marconi of Moon who was 45 in 2010, says in the lawsuit that the district has passed her over repeatedly because of her age and because of three age-discrimination claims she filed between 2010 and 2012.
The district's spokeswoman and its solicitor couldn't be reached for comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prospect Taillon to undergo season-ending hernia surgery
- MLB notebook: Yankees to donate $150K to charity for A-Rod’s 3,000th hit ball
- City police investigate death in Squirrel Hill
- Fun-seekers won’t let a Pittsburgh regatta without races get them down
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- Mountain Playhouse’s ‘Chapter Two’ provides funny, touching look at love and loss
- Local performers draw on travel experiences
- Burgeoning garden trend looks to nature as healing aid
- Rossi: Rutherford shines as old boss pouts
- Vincentian boys, girls basketball camps plant seeds for success
- Viburnum leaf beetles have made way to Pa., but you can limit damage