Moon teacher claims district won't give her permanent job because of her age
A long-term substitute teacher claims in a federal lawsuit filed Thursday that Moon Area School District has repeatedly refused to hire her for a permanent teaching position because of her age.
Lisa L. Marconi of Moon who was 45 in 2010, says in the lawsuit that the district has passed her over repeatedly because of her age and because of three age-discrimination claims she filed between 2010 and 2012.
The district's spokeswoman and its solicitor couldn't be reached for comment.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins rally late but lose to Panthers, 4-3, in shootout
- Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium schedules six-week closure
- Steelers film session: Playoff off coverage holds off Chiefs
- Dixon says starters playing too much for Pitt basketball team
- McKeesport graduate Brown has found his role for Boston College
- Penn State strolls to 69-49 victory over Dartmouth
- Steelers linebackers are getting to quarterback with more regularity
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Pitt recruit Whitehead remains committed
- High school roundup: Mt. Lebanon edges Bethel Park girls in overtime
- Daily News roundup: Elizabeth Forward girls hold off Obama Academy