Aliquippa blaze draws firefighters from 10 departments
Firefighters in Beaver County battled a three-alarm fire in Aliquippa on Thursday.
Dee Skew, 33, owner of nearby DLA Fitness, said he saw smoke coming out of a three-story commercial building in the 500 block of Franklin Avenue about 5 p.m. and ran inside to alert people who lived in the building.
“I was riding down the alley and I saw heavy smoke in the back. I went in there screaming as loud as I could,” said Skew, of Aliquippa. “A guy came downstairs and said, ‘What's going on?' I said, ‘The building's on fire.'”
Skew said four people ran out of the building.
Dispatchers said 10 fire departments were called to help fight the fire.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- Shooting victims live with bullets to survive, thrive
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration