Aliquippa blaze draws firefighters from 10 departments
Firefighters in Beaver County battled a three-alarm fire in Aliquippa on Thursday.
Dee Skew, 33, owner of nearby DLA Fitness, said he saw smoke coming out of a three-story commercial building in the 500 block of Franklin Avenue about 5 p.m. and ran inside to alert people who lived in the building.
“I was riding down the alley and I saw heavy smoke in the back. I went in there screaming as loud as I could,” said Skew, of Aliquippa. “A guy came downstairs and said, ‘What's going on?' I said, ‘The building's on fire.'”
Skew said four people ran out of the building.
Dispatchers said 10 fire departments were called to help fight the fire.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Clymer woman dies in 2-vehicle crash in Homer City
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- Couple taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- German pilot visited glider field near crash site as a child
- Penguins coach Johnston’s mother dies