Aliquippa blaze draws firefighters from 10 departments
Firefighters in Beaver County battled a three-alarm fire in Aliquippa on Thursday.
Dee Skew, 33, owner of nearby DLA Fitness, said he saw smoke coming out of a three-story commercial building in the 500 block of Franklin Avenue about 5 p.m. and ran inside to alert people who lived in the building.
“I was riding down the alley and I saw heavy smoke in the back. I went in there screaming as loud as I could,” said Skew, of Aliquippa. “A guy came downstairs and said, ‘What's going on?' I said, ‘The building's on fire.'”
Skew said four people ran out of the building.
Dispatchers said 10 fire departments were called to help fight the fire.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prime time not kind to Heinz Field
- Ferrante homicide trial heads into day 6 with testimony on cyanide, Web searches
- Kennametal profit, sales improve in 1Q, but forecast reduced
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Woman’s body found in Mars home
- Penguins veteran defenseman Scuderi’s game looking up
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Fulbright Program gives Pine woman taste of Thailand
- Warrant issued for Homewood man in fatal shooting
- Police: 2 anti-violence organizers beat ex-roomie in Washington