Aliquippa blaze draws firefighters from 10 departments
Firefighters in Beaver County battled a three-alarm fire in Aliquippa on Thursday.
Dee Skew, 33, owner of nearby DLA Fitness, said he saw smoke coming out of a three-story commercial building in the 500 block of Franklin Avenue about 5 p.m. and ran inside to alert people who lived in the building.
“I was riding down the alley and I saw heavy smoke in the back. I went in there screaming as loud as I could,” said Skew, of Aliquippa. “A guy came downstairs and said, ‘What's going on?' I said, ‘The building's on fire.'”
Skew said four people ran out of the building.
Dispatchers said 10 fire departments were called to help fight the fire.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- 4 ejections, benches-clearing scrum mark Pirates’ win over Reds
- Inside the Steelers: Roethlisberger strong in goal-line drills
- Zimbabwe alleges Murrysville doctor illegally killed lion
- Lawrence power plant being converted to gas from coal
- Pirates notebook: Burnett says ‘surgery is not an option’
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- Steelers notebook: WR Bryant sidelined after minor procedure on right elbow
- 2 teens drown in Lawrence County creek
- Tax fight brews among Southwest Greensburg business owners, landlords
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Cubs, August 3, 2015
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary