Aliquippa blaze draws firefighters from 10 departments
Firefighters in Beaver County battled a three-alarm fire in Aliquippa on Thursday.
Dee Skew, 33, owner of nearby DLA Fitness, said he saw smoke coming out of a three-story commercial building in the 500 block of Franklin Avenue about 5 p.m. and ran inside to alert people who lived in the building.
“I was riding down the alley and I saw heavy smoke in the back. I went in there screaming as loud as I could,” said Skew, of Aliquippa. “A guy came downstairs and said, ‘What's going on?' I said, ‘The building's on fire.'”
Skew said four people ran out of the building.
Dispatchers said 10 fire departments were called to help fight the fire.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ford City budget may not be final
- 2,200 union employees of ATI lose coverage
- Angel trees feature pets from shelter
- Babies welcomed to the world in holiday style
- November spared Valley effects of wintry weather
- Mentor takes young Brackenridge hunter under his wing
- Eastern Pa. man jailed in Armstrong County
- Shoppers can buy gifts for seniors through Home Instead program
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates
- Penguins’ reshuffled top line of Crosby, Dupuis, Kunitz looks familiar