Aliquippa blaze draws firefighters from 10 departments
Firefighters in Beaver County battled a three-alarm fire in Aliquippa on Thursday.
Dee Skew, 33, owner of nearby DLA Fitness, said he saw smoke coming out of a three-story commercial building in the 500 block of Franklin Avenue about 5 p.m. and ran inside to alert people who lived in the building.
“I was riding down the alley and I saw heavy smoke in the back. I went in there screaming as loud as I could,” said Skew, of Aliquippa. “A guy came downstairs and said, ‘What's going on?' I said, ‘The building's on fire.'”
Skew said four people ran out of the building.
Dispatchers said 10 fire departments were called to help fight the fire.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- Rangers clip Penguins, take 2-1 series lead
- Cubs’ rookie third baseman Bryant helps send Pirates to defeat
- Scoring struggles linger for Penguins 2nd line
- Steelers receiver Brown skipping voluntary offseason workouts
- Brentwood Borough School Board approves major cutbacks
- Pittsburgh man taken for wild ride on Route 28
- Interior linemen replace flash with experience for this year’s NFL Draft
- Rangers continue mastery on the road
- Pirates notebook: Ailing Mercer sore but on mend
- U.S. Steel puts 1,400 workers on notice to curb costs