Let those pumpkins roll at the Carnegie Science Center
Kids got an opportunity to see physics at work Saturday with the pumpkin drop at Carnegie Science Center, North Side.
People brought their carve jack-o-lanterns to roll off the Science Center's roof for fun and as a science demonstration.
The Science Center composts all of the pumpkins at the end of the event and educates visitors about the science behind that process.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former Steelers doctor loses bid for Miranda protection
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Fans flock to what they hope will continue ‘magical season’
- PennDOT to install art murals along Route 28
- Dining news: Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill unveils new menu
- So Many Questions: Cary Elwes’s memoir offers a look at the filming of ‘The Princess Bride’
- Art Review: ‘Pittsburgh Biennial 2014’ at Carnegie Mellon University’s Miller Gallery
- Penguins notebook: Crosby ‘confident’ despite limited preseason time
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Advocacy groups call for closer scrutiny of charter schools
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice