Fiery crash in Westmoreland County kills driver
A woman in her mid-20s died early Sunday in a fiery one-vehicle crash in Ligonier Township.
Westmoreland County Coroner Ken Bacha said investigators will identify the woman through dental records. The crash happened just after 3 a.m. along Route 711. Deputy Coroner Sean Hribal pronounced the woman dead at the scene at 4:15 a.m.
The woman apparently drifted off the road and hit an oak tree, causing the vehicle to catch fire, Bacha said. It came to rest against a home at on Route 711. The victim was the vehicle's only occupant, he said.
“There was very little, if any, damage to the house,” Bacha said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun; boy is critical
- Rossi: After L.A., NFL should tread carefully
- Pedestrian injured in accident near busway ramp in Carnegie
- Couple attempts theft at North Huntingdon Wal-Mart
- Wrong-way driver causes head-on crash in Center
- Man taken to hospital after New Alexandria house burns
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics
- Neighbor arrested after McKeesport house fire, authorities say
- Deer Lakes softball team seeking 2nd WPIAL championship in 4 years
- Memorial Day service in National Cemetery of the Alleghenies still growing