Train kills pedestrian in Beaver Falls
By Rick Wills
Published: Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013, 10:57 p.m.
A Beaver County woman hit by a train died from blunt force trauma, the county's coroner said Monday.
Susan Braykovich, 73, of Beaver Falls was hit by a CSX train near the intersection of 27th Street and Seventh Avenue at about 9 p.m. Sunday, said coroner Terri Tatalovich-Rossi.
There have been several similar incidents of trains hitting pedestrians in Beaver Falls in the past year, said Beaver Falls police chief Charles Jones Jr.
“We've had several incidents, maybe three or four. They have all turned out to be suicides,” he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Pa. men to plead guilty to smuggling equipment to Middle East
- Steeler testifies he didn’t know he was stabbed at first
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Duquesne teachers accept fact-finder recommendations for contract
- District college notes: St. Vincent baseball sweeps Grove City
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- Alaska’s Iditarod Trail challenges Unity couple
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records