Train kills pedestrian in Beaver Falls
By Rick Wills
Published: Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013, 10:57 p.m.
A Beaver County woman hit by a train died from blunt force trauma, the county's coroner said Monday.
Susan Braykovich, 73, of Beaver Falls was hit by a CSX train near the intersection of 27th Street and Seventh Avenue at about 9 p.m. Sunday, said coroner Terri Tatalovich-Rossi.
There have been several similar incidents of trains hitting pedestrians in Beaver Falls in the past year, said Beaver Falls police chief Charles Jones Jr.
“We've had several incidents, maybe three or four. They have all turned out to be suicides,” he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Five years later, Crosby wants another Cup win
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- Starkey: Fleury’s future at stake
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying
- PNC posts 7 percent rise in 1Q profit
- Community turns out for Franklin Regional students’ return to class
- Penguins’ Malkin expects to play in Game 1
- Pirates notebook: Wandy Rodriguez experiencing decline in fastball velocity
- Blue Jackets confident as they wade into postseason
- Men charged in Washington Co. girl’s slaying to stand trial
- Pitt wraps up spring football practice with closeness, competition