Ford City man killed in early-morning crash on Route 422
A Ford City man died early Sunday in a head-on two-vehicle crash that shut down a section of Route 422 for more than six hours.
Authorities said the wreck occurred at 1:36 a.m. in Kittanning, 200 yards west of Cornish Road.
Terry R. McClafferty, 37, died at the scene from chest and abdominal injuries, Armstrong Deputy Coroner Brian K. Myers said in a statement. McClafferty was driving westbound on Route 422 when his Dodge pickup was hit head-on by an eastbound Ford pickup, Myers said.
State police identified the driver of the Ford pickup as Jonathon Brandon Miller, 23. His vehicle crossed the double yellow lines of the highway into oncoming traffic. His condition was not available.
State police believe alcohol was a factor and are awaiting lab tests on the drivers' blood.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Experts: Clinton took dangerous path with email system
- Penguins’ Lovejoy embracing defensive pairing with Pouliot
- Kittanning YMCA offering fitness program unique to Pa.
- Ligonier-based group sponsors rafting adventures to help ease veterans’ anxiety
- Pitt instructor witnesses history in China’s ‘Wasteland’
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Charges held for court in robbery of Elizabeth gas station with machete
- Mon-Yough Laurels & Lances
- Greensburg Salem’s Howard shines at state meet
- Saturdays considered as snow makeup days
- Hempfield man charged with giving gun to teen girl