Ford City man killed in early-morning crash on Route 422
A Ford City man died early Sunday in a head-on two-vehicle crash that shut down a section of Route 422 for more than six hours.
Authorities said the wreck occurred at 1:36 a.m. in Kittanning, 200 yards west of Cornish Road.
Terry R. McClafferty, 37, died at the scene from chest and abdominal injuries, Armstrong Deputy Coroner Brian K. Myers said in a statement. McClafferty was driving westbound on Route 422 when his Dodge pickup was hit head-on by an eastbound Ford pickup, Myers said.
State police identified the driver of the Ford pickup as Jonathon Brandon Miller, 23. His vehicle crossed the double yellow lines of the highway into oncoming traffic. His condition was not available.
State police believe alcohol was a factor and are awaiting lab tests on the drivers' blood.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Couple taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- MLB commissioner: Pirates’ success starts in the front office
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- Penguins coach Johnston’s mother dies
- Westmoreland officials fear loss of impact fees
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney