Ford City man killed in early-morning crash on Route 422
A Ford City man died early Sunday in a head-on two-vehicle crash that shut down a section of Route 422 for more than six hours.
Authorities said the wreck occurred at 1:36 a.m. in Kittanning, 200 yards west of Cornish Road.
Terry R. McClafferty, 37, died at the scene from chest and abdominal injuries, Armstrong Deputy Coroner Brian K. Myers said in a statement. McClafferty was driving westbound on Route 422 when his Dodge pickup was hit head-on by an eastbound Ford pickup, Myers said.
State police identified the driver of the Ford pickup as Jonathon Brandon Miller, 23. His vehicle crossed the double yellow lines of the highway into oncoming traffic. His condition was not available.
State police believe alcohol was a factor and are awaiting lab tests on the drivers' blood.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates better with Maz on scene
- Lincoln tries to rejuvenate career in second stint with Pirates
- Trade for Winnik gives Penguins competition among bottom six
- Snow sculptors have a ball with Iceburgh, Einstein
- Problem with gas line forces evacuations in California Borough
- 8 shot to death, including gunman, in Missouri rampage
- Company claims Carnegie Mellon University defrauded it on Tartarstan venture
- Fast-growing Americans for Prosperity opens location in Greensburg
- Penguins notebook: No discipline for Capitals’ Wilson
- Easter Seals merger in Pennsylvania raises ethics concerns
- Pennsylvania House pushes liquor system privatization bill through