Ford City man killed in early-morning crash on Route 422
A Ford City man died early Sunday in a head-on two-vehicle crash that shut down a section of Route 422 for more than six hours.
Authorities said the wreck occurred at 1:36 a.m. in Kittanning, 200 yards west of Cornish Road.
Terry R. McClafferty, 37, died at the scene from chest and abdominal injuries, Armstrong Deputy Coroner Brian K. Myers said in a statement. McClafferty was driving westbound on Route 422 when his Dodge pickup was hit head-on by an eastbound Ford pickup, Myers said.
State police identified the driver of the Ford pickup as Jonathon Brandon Miller, 23. His vehicle crossed the double yellow lines of the highway into oncoming traffic. His condition was not available.
State police believe alcohol was a factor and are awaiting lab tests on the drivers' blood.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Washington Township woman savors family’s turkey farm tradition
- Media websites hacked by Syrian Electronic Army
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches 800 career points
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Cosby made deal with National Enquirer to spike accuser’s story in 2005
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Pitt plays best game of the season in rout of Kansas State
- New Kensington homicide suspect faces trial on tampering charge
- Blairsville judge accused in hit-run set to enter program for 1st-time offenders
- Prison phone cost to drop 70% in Pa.