Ford City man killed in early-morning crash on Route 422
A Ford City man died early Sunday in a head-on two-vehicle crash that shut down a section of Route 422 for more than six hours.
Authorities said the wreck occurred at 1:36 a.m. in Kittanning, 200 yards west of Cornish Road.
Terry R. McClafferty, 37, died at the scene from chest and abdominal injuries, Armstrong Deputy Coroner Brian K. Myers said in a statement. McClafferty was driving westbound on Route 422 when his Dodge pickup was hit head-on by an eastbound Ford pickup, Myers said.
State police identified the driver of the Ford pickup as Jonathon Brandon Miller, 23. His vehicle crossed the double yellow lines of the highway into oncoming traffic. His condition was not available.
State police believe alcohol was a factor and are awaiting lab tests on the drivers' blood.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Buffalo Township grandma pleads guilty to selling hundreds of pounds of weed
- Police: Gunfire in Canadian Parliament after soldier shot
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- 4 alternate jurors picked in Ferrante cyanide poisoning trial
- Officials seek help identifying witness to Port Authority bus crash
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Injured Pitt center Rowell plays well-rounded role on campus
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students