Driver runs off after Butler County crash
State police chased the driver of a pickup truck early Sunday in Butler County after the driver crashed into a utility pole and ran away, authorities said.
A county emergency dispatcher said the crash occurred at 3:17 a.m. on Swain Hill Road in Lancaster Township. The driver fled into a field and state police followed.
No other details were available. State police in Butler declined to comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Snow causes collisions, delays in Mon-Yough area
- Some normalcy returns to Homestead business district devastated by fire
- Liberty public servant Owens remembered as problem solver
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Teen found in Riverview Park last year died of overdose
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Munhall council president charged in crash that injured woman
- 1 suspect arrested in deadly McKeesport shooting; 2nd still at large