Traffic back to normal on Fort Duquesne Bridge after tractor-trailer rollover
An overturned UPS tractor-trailer on the Fort Duquesne Bridge snarled traffic to the Parkway East and led to lane closures for half the day Friday, state police said.
The tractor-trailer was traveling outbound on the bridge when it rolled onto its side before dawn as it approached the Reedsdale Street off-ramp near Heinz Field.
Boxes spilled out of the trailer and scattered across the upper and lower decks of the bridge.
Police reopened northbound lanes of the bridge by 11:40 a.m.
All of the southbound lanes reopened by 4:49 p.m., state police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Defensive lineman commits to PSU during campus visit
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- 30 Filipino police commandos killed in clash with rebels
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- Woman killed in Washington Township crash
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- ‘I almost left here’ says Highland Park woman who contracted flesh-eating bacteria
- Increasing pressure on QBs will be offseason focus for Steelers
- Power 5 conferences’ paying cost of attendance worries schools large and small
- Former athletes open businesses