Traffic back to normal on Fort Duquesne Bridge after tractor-trailer rollover
An overturned UPS tractor-trailer on the Fort Duquesne Bridge snarled traffic to the Parkway East and led to lane closures for half the day Friday, state police said.
The tractor-trailer was traveling outbound on the bridge when it rolled onto its side before dawn as it approached the Reedsdale Street off-ramp near Heinz Field.
Boxes spilled out of the trailer and scattered across the upper and lower decks of the bridge.
Police reopened northbound lanes of the bridge by 11:40 a.m.
All of the southbound lanes reopened by 4:49 p.m., state police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police officer fatally shot in New Florence; suspect in custody
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- Steelers find success vs. NFC
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Steelers notebook: Brown downplays possible matchup against Seahawks’ Sherman
- Offense continues to click as Panthers hold off Kent State, 85-76
- As historic breakup nears, Alcoa works to redefine its ‘advantage’
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Central Catholic wins 5th WPIAL football title
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- Indiana Twp. liver transplant recipient, 2, takes steps toward normal life