Traffic back to normal on Fort Duquesne Bridge after tractor-trailer rollover
An overturned UPS tractor-trailer on the Fort Duquesne Bridge snarled traffic to the Parkway East and led to lane closures for half the day Friday, state police said.
The tractor-trailer was traveling outbound on the bridge when it rolled onto its side before dawn as it approached the Reedsdale Street off-ramp near Heinz Field.
Boxes spilled out of the trailer and scattered across the upper and lower decks of the bridge.
Police reopened northbound lanes of the bridge by 11:40 a.m.
All of the southbound lanes reopened by 4:49 p.m., state police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Casey calling for Medicare Part B freeze
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- McKeesport, school district shore up safety at dangerous intersection
- West Mifflin Area to celebrate newest graduate’s life, legacy
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Mon River Fleet honors 2015 Women of Achievement
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- A field day on social media as Pirates’ Rodriguez attacks Gatorade cooler
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Clerical error blamed as Armstrong inmate is released