Traffic back to normal on Fort Duquesne Bridge after tractor-trailer rollover
An overturned UPS tractor-trailer on the Fort Duquesne Bridge snarled traffic to the Parkway East and led to lane closures for half the day Friday, state police said.
The tractor-trailer was traveling outbound on the bridge when it rolled onto its side before dawn as it approached the Reedsdale Street off-ramp near Heinz Field.
Boxes spilled out of the trailer and scattered across the upper and lower decks of the bridge.
Police reopened northbound lanes of the bridge by 11:40 a.m.
All of the southbound lanes reopened by 4:49 p.m., state police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Worley bounces back after rough start
- Penguins notebook: Staal insists he never asked for trade to Penguins
- Police arrest 4 in Pitcairn drug investigation
- First Draft: Beer lovers at CoStar take the time to brew it right
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Pitt adds quarterback recruit from Cincinnati
- Spring check-up: Gingham is this season’s fashion favorite
- Review: ‘Wild Tales’ sinks its teeth into 6 tales of revenge
- Putin’s sure Russia wins tug-of-war with West
- Alone at controls, Germanwings co-pilot sought to ‘destroy’ the plane
- Spring training breakdown: Braves 7, Pirates 5