Allegheny County ice skating rinks open Friday
In a sign that winter is coming, ice skating rinks at North Park and South Park open at 4:30 p.m. Friday.
The Allegheny County Parks Department had planned to open the rinks Thursday but could not because of unseasonably warm temperatures earlier in the week. Park employees look for temperatures consistently below 40 degrees, said Amie Downs, a county spokeswoman.
High temperatures will not reach much higher than 50 degrees over the weekend. Lows will remain in the 30s, according to the National Weather Service.
The rinks are open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
For more information on hours and fees, visit www.alleghenycounty.us/parks/fees/skate.aspx.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return vs. Georgia Tech
- 2 dead, including student gunman, after Wash. school shooting
- Pirates to end spring in Philadelphia again, sign Stinson to minor league deal
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Wilkinsburg couple arrested after baby girl dies following beating
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- PennDOT warns of delays next week on Butler Street near Highland Park Bridge
- Authorities: Remains belong to missing Va. student
- State’s ‘public-private’ transportation deal will replace 53 bridges in Allegheny County
- Howard Hanna family donates $1M for business student scholarships at University of Pittsburgh
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans