Four arrested following robbery at North Side 7-Eleven
Four people were arrested following an armed holdup and police chase early Friday in the North Side.The holdup occurred at 2:30 a.m. at the 7-Eleven on Western Avenue when at least one gunman robbed the store and took off in a vehicle with several occupants, Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Diane Richard said.
Police chased the vehicle to a dead end on Sandusky Street where a passenger, Asseeme Harris, 42, ran and was caught by an officer who used a Taser on him because police suspected he had a weapon, Richard said. A handgun was found under the passenger seat, she said. Store employees identified Harris as one of the robbers, Richard said.
The driver of the vehicle, Alphonso Harris, 30, was charged with robbery, as was another passenger, Alissa Joseph, 29, who also was charged with carrying a firearm without a license. A third passenger, Brandy Ulizzi, 28, was arrested on an outstanding bench warrant. Addresses were not available for those arrested.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Rivers Casino sued by family of patron who died in car crash
- Former walk-ons may lose scholarships under Penn State’s Franklin
- Last crew member of Enola Gay dies in Georgia
- Xxxday’s scouting report: Pirates at Giants
- 2 killed in East Huntingdon crash
- Satisfy your sweet tooth in Pittsburgh with treats from ethnic bakeries
- Healthy Eating: A Mediterranean twist to tuna salad
- Pittsburgh native enjoys riding the roller coaster of stand-up comedy