Four injured in fire at Chartiers home
A fire Sunday morning in Chartiers Township injured four people and damaged a home.
The Chartiers Township Volunteer Fire Department was sent at 7:54 a.m. to a two-story frame house in the 600 block of Railroad Street.
“There was heavy smoke and water damage,” a fire department spokesman said.
A Washington County emergency dispatcher for Washington County said four family members were taken to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Neither the dispatcher nor the fire department spokesman could provide further details about the fire. The Houston, Peters Township, North Strabane and South Strabane fire departments assisted.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCandless mom accused of drowning sons in tub to stand trial
- Pirates get journeyman Ishikawa off waivers; outfielder Marte injured
- PennDOT team decides what spells trouble on vehicle license plates
- Phipps executive director wins award for green building
- Police: No evidence of gunshot at Walter Reed hospital
- Pittsburgh singer Lee spreads love through music, charitable works
- McIlroy, world’s No. 1 golfer, injures ankle playing soccer
- Alle-Kiski farmers: Crops weather heavy rain
- McCutchen, Pirates hitters increasingly in crosshairs
- La Scuola d’Italia Galileo Galilei touts Pittsburgh’s Italian heritage
- West Kittanning fire leaves man homeless