Four injured in fire at Chartiers home
A fire Sunday morning in Chartiers Township injured four people and damaged a home.
The Chartiers Township Volunteer Fire Department was sent at 7:54 a.m. to a two-story frame house in the 600 block of Railroad Street.
“There was heavy smoke and water damage,” a fire department spokesman said.
A Washington County emergency dispatcher for Washington County said four family members were taken to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Neither the dispatcher nor the fire department spokesman could provide further details about the fire. The Houston, Peters Township, North Strabane and South Strabane fire departments assisted.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bell’s last-second TD lifts Steelers over Chargers
- Rossi: Just wait until Ben comes back
- East Allegheny gives judge candidate’s seat on school board to her husband
- Eagle Scout candidate completes replacement of Versailles park’s retaining wall
- Steelers defense displays resiliency in victory over Chargers
- Steelers notebook: Receiver Bryant inactive for game vs. Chargers
- Penguins’ Morehouse says city has amenities needed for world-class hockey events
- Westmoreland County Common Pleas candidates differ on judicial retirement age
- Ellwood City Area School District avoids strike set for Tuesday
- Pitt running out of options to slow down Georgia Tech offense
- Pa. Supreme Court ‘disturbed by content’ of emails attributed to justice