Four injured in fire at Chartiers home
A fire Sunday morning in Chartiers Township injured four people and damaged a home.
The Chartiers Township Volunteer Fire Department was sent at 7:54 a.m. to a two-story frame house in the 600 block of Railroad Street.
“There was heavy smoke and water damage,” a fire department spokesman said.
A Washington County emergency dispatcher for Washington County said four family members were taken to a hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation. Neither the dispatcher nor the fire department spokesman could provide further details about the fire. The Houston, Peters Township, North Strabane and South Strabane fire departments assisted.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Liriano, Snider lift Pirates to a victory over Dodgers at PNC Park
- New Penguins coach to meet with Malkin
- Pirates notebook: Recovering Cole exceeds expectations in simulated game
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont
- Greensburg pawn shop aids in arrest of home repair scam suspect
- Truck drivers taken to hospital after Pa. Turnpike crash in Butler County
- Blum’s work shines a light on lives of those from Appalachia