Authorities identify Ambridge woman killed in apartment fire
Authorities on Monday identified the woman who died in a Beaver County apartment fire over the weekend.
Arlene Pickett, 58, lived in the apartment building that burned Sunday on First Street in Ambridge, according to Beaver County Coroner Teri Tatalovich-Rossi's office.
The coroner plans to conduct an autopsy.
Ambridge police said Pickett was found unresponsive in a stairwell between the second and third floors. Five people, including two children, were hurt in the fire, police said.
Residents used ladders and mattresses to rescue several people from the fire.
The fire appears to have started in a second-floor apartment. It displaced 11 families. The state fire marshal's office is investigating.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach her at 412-380-8519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Body found in Allegheny River in Harrison
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- 5 injured in Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- Chief justice revokes Feudale’s senior judge status
- 5 hospitalized when family’s SUV runs off Route 51 in Rostraver
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- South Butler students push composting as a way to slow food waste
- So Many Questions: ‘Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce’ actress says breaking up is rarely easy
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- Kennywood Holiday Lights festival returns for 5th year