School bus plows into front yard of Whitehall home
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Thursday, Nov. 14, 2013, 9:03 a.m.
A school bus ended up in the front yard of a Whitehall home Thursday morning after the driver was believed to have had a medical issue, police said.
The driver was the only person on the bus, which ended up across the driveway of a home on Fieldcrest Drive just before 8 a.m., deputy police Chief Richard Danko said.
The South Park School District bus did not hit the house and no one was injured at the scene, he said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Kovacevic: Big Ben’s contract clock ticking
- Talented center Sutter is proving to be ‘pretty important’ for Penguins
- Original tea partyers returning to GOP fold
- Penguins notebook: Beau Bennett returns to practice
- Western Pennsylvania engineer aboard missing Malaysia Airlines flight
- ‘Un-American’? That’s Harry Reid, the Senate’s lowly smear artist
- Westmoreland County Courthouse in Greensburg to be featured in TV series
- Analysis: Kesler still on Pens’ radar as Shero aims to bring back ‘Big 3’
- Pitt looking to enhance profile at ACC tourney
- Pirates reserve outfielder Dickerson is also at home on soccer pitch
- Parking tickets in Downtown Pittsburgh spark outrage