Penn State student dies in fall from 9th floor
STATE COLLEGE — A Penn State University student is dead after he fell from the ninth floor balcony of an apartment building.
State police said 20-year-old Conor Macmannis was pronounced dead at the scene early Saturday. The fall occurred at 3:43 a.m. at the Penn Towers building on Beaver Avenue.
Police say a preliminary investigation indicates drugs and alcohol apparently were factors in the fall.
Investigators are urging anyone with information about the incident to call or at least provide an anonymous tip.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates blanked in loss to Cubs
- Vote set at SEC to reveal pay gap between CEO and median employee at publicly traded companies
- Starkey: Steelers still knockin’ on Canton’s door
- Heyward-Bey looks to make impact on special teams with Steelers
- Judge says heroin addicts fare better in treatment than prison
- Philanthropist and one-time GOP powerhouse Elsie Hillman dies at 89
- Duquesne men’s basketball team lands verbal commitment from guard Littleson
- Teachers want new contract in Monessen
- Redevelopment Authority’s future at risk
- 23 Gateway School District nonunion employees receive raises
- Mt. Pleasant approves PennDOT pact