Penn State student dies in fall from 9th floor
STATE COLLEGE — A Penn State University student is dead after he fell from the ninth floor balcony of an apartment building.
State police said 20-year-old Conor Macmannis was pronounced dead at the scene early Saturday. The fall occurred at 3:43 a.m. at the Penn Towers building on Beaver Avenue.
Police say a preliminary investigation indicates drugs and alcohol apparently were factors in the fall.
Investigators are urging anyone with information about the incident to call or at least provide an anonymous tip.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- With Malkin out, Penguins fall to Flyers, 4-1
- Fear of being grounded keeps some pilots from revealing mental issues
- Wines claimed to be toxic with arsenic won’t be pulled by state Liquor Control Board
- Hospital union rallies continue in East Franklin, Kittanning
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- Steelers re-sign DE Geathers
- The Thursday wrap
- Shouf’s Cafe can fill your belly with Mediterranean cuisine and comfort food
- ‘Birth tourism’ business booming in China
- Eighty Acres Kitchen & Bar has lots about it that’s local, but much about it goes far beyond ordinary
- Reliever Hughes takes plenty of pride in being Pirates’ middle man