Penn State student dies in fall from 9th floor
STATE COLLEGE — A Penn State University student is dead after he fell from the ninth floor balcony of an apartment building.
State police said 20-year-old Conor Macmannis was pronounced dead at the scene early Saturday. The fall occurred at 3:43 a.m. at the Penn Towers building on Beaver Avenue.
Police say a preliminary investigation indicates drugs and alcohol apparently were factors in the fall.
Investigators are urging anyone with information about the incident to call or at least provide an anonymous tip.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Cardinals grab victory over pitcher Cole, Pirates with a late rally
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Moon girls team is savoring a return to big-school soccer
- HS highlight reel: Red, White & Blue Invite set for Saturday
- Gorman: Mt. Lebanon coach leads USA to gold
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since ACLU filed discrimination lawsuit in 2012
- TED Talks event to appeal to millenials