Pittsburgh police charge five in two North Side drug busts
Two days of Pittsburgh police stings designed to crack down on North Side drug dealing netted five arrests, authorities say.
On Saturday afternoon, they spotted Aaron Gale, 20, of Brighton Heights, who was wanted for gun charges, near a Jacksonia Street home in the Mexican War Streets. He tried to escape through the house, police said.
Brandon Williams, 18, began to leave the residence with the fumes of burning marijuana trailing behind him, police said. Officers arrested him and continued into the building where they nabbed Gale. Inside, they found a loaded Beretta pistol, three bundles of heroin packets stamped “Molly Cyrus,” another two bundles marked “911,” a marijuana grinder, digital scale and two cell phones.
Gale and Williams were in the Allegheny County Jail. Gale is charged with fleeing police officers, carrying a firearm without a license, possession of controlled substances with the attempt to deliver them, evidence tampering and three other drug-related crimes. Williams is charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute it and four other drug crimes.
The night before, plainclothes officers arrested Nicholas Smith, 21, of Summer Hill and James Snyder, 22, of the North Side on Itin Street after watching them sell marijuana to Shawn Ferraccio, 38, of Apollo.
Ferraccio was arrested for pot possession and released. A search of a nearby home used by Snyder turned up several more bags of marijuana, $525 in cash, a cell phone, packaging material, three boxes of ammunition and two guns, according a press release.
Snyder and Smith were charged with possession of a controlled substance with the intent to deliver it. Both were released after posting $5,000 cash bonds, according to court records.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Weather closes Penn State for first time in 8 years
- Crash shuts down 65-mile stretch of Pennsylvania Turnpike between Breezewood, Carlisle
- Panthers still clinging to hope entering home finale
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- La Roche, St. Vincent get one more shot in D-III tournaments
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- Artist born without arms, legs gives Hampton students peek into her world
- Trafford native writes the book on early rock concerts
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- Safety Vinopal, former teammates perform for NFL scouts at Pitt’s Pro Day
- ‘Big Mo’ ranks with A-K’s gridiron greats