Suspect in Lawrence County fatal shooting found dead after standoff
Police say a man who apparently shot himself in a Beaver County apartment building surrounded by police is the same man suspected of fatally shooting a woman outside a Wal-Mart hours before.
The dead woman is Mariah Anderson, 22, of New Castle, Lawrence County, and state police Lt. Eric Hermick says the dead man is believed to be the shooting suspect, Carlos Harper, 27, who had been dating her. Online court records show police obtained a warrant for his arrest on charges of criminal homicide and aggravated assault Monday morning.
Anderson was shot Sunday night after finishing her shift at the store in Union Township, Lawrence County, several miles from New Brighton, where Harper lived.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hacker stuns Dayton family with computer takeover
- Officials stop packages with ‘inappropriate’ material intended for Murrysville girls
- In reworking contract, Steelers WR Brown gets hefty pay raise
- Feds investigating millions embezzled from Matthews International Corp. of Pittsburgh
- Steelers trying to get missing defensive pieces on field
- Steelers running back eager to prove he can help bridge gap to Bell
- 22-month-old boy shot, killed in North Side; man charged
- Youngstown State looking for repeat performance against Pitt
- PPG’s new CEO to push organic growth with existing clients
- Cole struggles as Brewers continue Miller mastery over Pirates
- Pirates notebook: 6 September call-ups include first-timer Diaz