Suspect in Lawrence County fatal shooting found dead after standoff
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, Nov. 18, 2013, 7:03 a.m.
Police say a man who apparently shot himself in a Beaver County apartment building surrounded by police is the same man suspected of fatally shooting a woman outside a Wal-Mart hours before.
The dead woman is Mariah Anderson, 22, of New Castle, Lawrence County, and state police Lt. Eric Hermick says the dead man is believed to be the shooting suspect, Carlos Harper, 27, who had been dating her. Online court records show police obtained a warrant for his arrest on charges of criminal homicide and aggravated assault Monday morning.
Anderson was shot Sunday night after finishing her shift at the store in Union Township, Lawrence County, several miles from New Brighton, where Harper lived.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Woman, 24, dies in Wilkinsburg crash
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Steelers pick up defensive end Heyward’s option for 2015 season
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- ACC announces Pitt’s opponents for next 2 seasons; Powell signs with Dukes
- Heyl: Even crooks know UPMC’s full of it
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records