Father accuses former Highlands bus driver of assaulting his daughter
The father of a Highlands School District student filed a civil assault and battery lawsuit Monday in Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas against a former W.L. Roenigk bus driver accused of hitting his daughter.
John Dasta, 55, of Penn Hills claims the driver, Kenneth Painter, struck his daughter in the head on Nov. 16, 2011.
Dasta is seeking monetary damages for his daughter's injuries. He could not be reached for comment.
A jury found Painter not guilty of criminal wrongdoing in November 2012.
“We've been through this once before,” said Painter, 76, of Ford City, who retired last year after driving buses for 18 years. “Every attorney that looked at the charges said this should have been thrown out at the magistrate's office.”
School district spokeswoman Misty Chybrzynski did not return a call.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Stop by Stanley’s Bar & Grill in Ford City for Thanksgiving dinner
- Ford City executive sessions called into question
- Robbery nets stint in prison for Marion Center man
- Hempfield man fights off intruders
- H&M to open in Westmoreland Mall
- Clairton no longer distressed
- Pittsburgh man charged with 56 counts after high-speed chase over weekend
- Penn State football coach Franklin renews his plea for patience
- Elizabeth proposes big jump in small local services tax; councilwoman steps down