Father accuses former Highlands bus driver of assaulting his daughter
The father of a Highlands School District student filed a civil assault and battery lawsuit Monday in Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas against a former W.L. Roenigk bus driver accused of hitting his daughter.
John Dasta, 55, of Penn Hills claims the driver, Kenneth Painter, struck his daughter in the head on Nov. 16, 2011.
Dasta is seeking monetary damages for his daughter's injuries. He could not be reached for comment.
A jury found Painter not guilty of criminal wrongdoing in November 2012.
“We've been through this once before,” said Painter, 76, of Ford City, who retired last year after driving buses for 18 years. “Every attorney that looked at the charges said this should have been thrown out at the magistrate's office.”
School district spokeswoman Misty Chybrzynski did not return a call.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- U.S. Steel looks to expand its Research & Technology Center in Munhall
- Rossi: Pirates must land Lester
- Temple dumps SAT, ACT scores from application process
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Surprise! Lee Supply will play for Grebb girls’ title
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- Powdermill reserve summer program teaches wildlife conservation
- Pirates notebook: Trade rumors for Red Sox pitcher Lester still swirling
- Proposed Mt. Pleasant VFW relocation site faces a backlash