Father accuses former Highlands bus driver of assaulting his daughter
The father of a Highlands School District student filed a civil assault and battery lawsuit Monday in Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas against a former W.L. Roenigk bus driver accused of hitting his daughter.
John Dasta, 55, of Penn Hills claims the driver, Kenneth Painter, struck his daughter in the head on Nov. 16, 2011.
Dasta is seeking monetary damages for his daughter's injuries. He could not be reached for comment.
A jury found Painter not guilty of criminal wrongdoing in November 2012.
“We've been through this once before,” said Painter, 76, of Ford City, who retired last year after driving buses for 18 years. “Every attorney that looked at the charges said this should have been thrown out at the magistrate's office.”
School district spokeswoman Misty Chybrzynski did not return a call.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Pa. Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case