3 arrested in street fight in Wilkinsburg
Three people were arrested following a fight that erupted Monday shortly after school was dismissed for the day in Wilkinsburg.
The fight was between a woman and a teenage girl but drew “a bunch of kids in the street ... disrupting and rowdy and inciting,” Wilkinsburg police Chief Ophelia “Cookie” Coleman said.
The woman and the girl — identified as being 34 and 15 years old — were arrested for fighting, police said. A second juvenile was charged for something that occurred during the fight, police said, not being more specific.
There were no injuries in the fight that erupted around 3 p.m. in the 700 block of Penn Avenue, officers said.
Police would not say what prompted the fight.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Police: Woman, 18, pretended to be student, assaulted Perry principal
- Guns, drugs recovered during raid in Wilkinsburg
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Banshee trailer featuring Vandergrift released
- What’s old is new at Toll Gate Revival in Lawrenceville
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Hydrangeas flower year after year with proper care, placement, feeding