County Council won't ban drilling in parks
Allegheny County Council members overwhelming rejected a three-year ban on drilling for natural gas under county parks.
Council voted 9-2 against the moratorium. Barbara Daly Danko, D-Regent Square, and Bill Robinson, D-Hill District, voted for the ban. Danko proposed it in September.
The county is weighing an offer to drill for natural gas under Deer Lakes Park in West Deer and Frazier. The gas would be accessed by well pads outside the park.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Kittanning soccer snaps 33-game losing streak
- Turek a 50-year fixture as local coach
- Elizabeth Forward volleyball team keeps winning, despite new look
- Offense awakens to lead Steelers past Panthers
- Kiski Valley Water Pollution Control Authority communities well on their way to completion of sewer projects
- Game changers: Turnover leads to elusive TD for Steelers
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo hopes to give team physical edge
- Penguins forward Megna’s skill set might be perfect fit
- PA will deal online poker in 2017, financial analysis says
- Inside the glass: Penguins’ Martin, Ehrhoff look comfortable together
- ‘It Takes a Village’ strives to connect New Kensington residents with resources