Man charged with arson in Washington house fire
A man has been jailed on charges he threw a burning object at the Washington County house where his married lover and her husband live.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Anthony Montgomery, 20, of Washington, though his mother, Carrie Montgomery, claims he's innocent and being manipulated by the woman.
The Associated Press is not identifying the victims of the fire, because they've not been charged criminally. But according to court records and police, they are convicted sex offenders for an incident involving a 10-year-old boy last year and are now divorcing because of the woman's affair with Montgomery.
Firefighters extinguished Tuesday's blaze, but not before it damaged the second floor of the home.
Montgomery faces a preliminary hearing Nov. 27.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sabres hire Bylsma as coach; Penguins receive 3rd-round pick
- Penguins GM Rutherford ‘wouldn’t make’ Despres trade today
- Starkey: Kang story of the year for Pirates
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- I-79 work to cause lane restrictions through June 30
- Taliani’s 3 homers propel Deer Lakes to 2nd WPIAL softball title in 4 seasons
- Crews rescue worker trapped in Lawrenceville trench collapse
- International counterfeiter sentenced in Pittsburgh to 7 1/2 years in prison
- Man uninjured after leap from Hulton Bridge
- Officer: Munhall driver in fatal crash was going too fast to make turn
- Pirates pitching prospect Kingham undergoes Tommy John surgery