Man charged with arson in Washington house fire
A man has been jailed on charges he threw a burning object at the Washington County house where his married lover and her husband live.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Anthony Montgomery, 20, of Washington, though his mother, Carrie Montgomery, claims he's innocent and being manipulated by the woman.
The Associated Press is not identifying the victims of the fire, because they've not been charged criminally. But according to court records and police, they are convicted sex offenders for an incident involving a 10-year-old boy last year and are now divorcing because of the woman's affair with Montgomery.
Firefighters extinguished Tuesday's blaze, but not before it damaged the second floor of the home.
Montgomery faces a preliminary hearing Nov. 27.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Behind Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- Counselors available at Hempfield after crash kills student
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Hempfield teen hurt in single-vehicle crash
- A host of top NFL Draft picks figure to be versatile defensive linemen
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Oak Ridge couple transforms 1820 house into quaint bed and breakfast
- CCAC-South softball advances to district championships
- Penguins notebook: Crosby to play in worlds for 1st time since 2006