Man charged with arson in Washington house fire
By The Associated Press
Published: Wednesday, Nov. 20, 2013, 7:03 a.m.
A man has been jailed on charges he threw a burning object at the Washington County house where his married lover and her husband live.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Anthony Montgomery, 20, of Washington, though his mother, Carrie Montgomery, claims he's innocent and being manipulated by the woman.
The Associated Press is not identifying the victims of the fire, because they've not been charged criminally. But according to court records and police, they are convicted sex offenders for an incident involving a 10-year-old boy last year and are now divorcing because of the woman's affair with Montgomery.
Firefighters extinguished Tuesday's blaze, but not before it damaged the second floor of the home.
Montgomery faces a preliminary hearing Nov. 27.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Pa. men to plead guilty to smuggling equipment to Middle East
- Steeler testifies he didn’t know he was stabbed at first
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Former Steelers doctor claims agent held gun on him during pat down
- State College restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- ‘Save Chatham’ protesters ordered to leave Shadyside campus
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- Kittanning man part of wrestling show benefitting Ford City Summerfest