Man charged with arson in Washington house fire
A man has been jailed on charges he threw a burning object at the Washington County house where his married lover and her husband live.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Anthony Montgomery, 20, of Washington, though his mother, Carrie Montgomery, claims he's innocent and being manipulated by the woman.
The Associated Press is not identifying the victims of the fire, because they've not been charged criminally. But according to court records and police, they are convicted sex offenders for an incident involving a 10-year-old boy last year and are now divorcing because of the woman's affair with Montgomery.
Firefighters extinguished Tuesday's blaze, but not before it damaged the second floor of the home.
Montgomery faces a preliminary hearing Nov. 27.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prime time not kind to Heinz Field
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Penguins veteran defenseman Scuderi’s game looking up
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Ferrante murder trial heads into day 6 with testimony on cyanide, Web searches
- Malala donates prize money to rebuild Gaza school
- Kiski Valley-based ring charged with hundreds of thefts over 10 communities
- Pa. grants & tax credits: Two messes involving taxpayer underwriting of the movie industry demand a thorough investigation
- Greensburg torture killer seeks reduction in sentence