Man charged with arson in Washington house fire
A man has been jailed on charges he threw a burning object at the Washington County house where his married lover and her husband live.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Anthony Montgomery, 20, of Washington, though his mother, Carrie Montgomery, claims he's innocent and being manipulated by the woman.
The Associated Press is not identifying the victims of the fire, because they've not been charged criminally. But according to court records and police, they are convicted sex offenders for an incident involving a 10-year-old boy last year and are now divorcing because of the woman's affair with Montgomery.
Firefighters extinguished Tuesday's blaze, but not before it damaged the second floor of the home.
Montgomery faces a preliminary hearing Nov. 27.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hurricanes owner rips Rutherford, Penguins
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- Starkey: Rutherford hits jackpot with Kessel
- New Kensington residents rally in support of 82-year-old robbery victim
- Penguins notebook: Rutherford proves savvy in deal
- Indiana Twp. boy gets long-awaited liver transplant
- Writings attributed to jailed Plum teacher dubbed evocative of stalker
- Pitt offensive tackle Jones-Smith to miss season
- Beaver County woman finds man crouching in her bathroom, stabs him with sword
- Penguins get their man in making trade with Toronto for Kessel
- 2B Walker, Pirates smash through Tigers pitching in road victory