Man charged with arson in Washington house fire
A man has been jailed on charges he threw a burning object at the Washington County house where his married lover and her husband live.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Anthony Montgomery, 20, of Washington, though his mother, Carrie Montgomery, claims he's innocent and being manipulated by the woman.
The Associated Press is not identifying the victims of the fire, because they've not been charged criminally. But according to court records and police, they are convicted sex offenders for an incident involving a 10-year-old boy last year and are now divorcing because of the woman's affair with Montgomery.
Firefighters extinguished Tuesday's blaze, but not before it damaged the second floor of the home.
Montgomery faces a preliminary hearing Nov. 27.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline
- Mom charged in girl’s death in line for $1M from her trust fund
- Pitt notebook: Panthers defense responds to questions with shutout
- Former Clairton, Pitt cornerback Coles enrolls at Duquesne
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- On the border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot