Man charged with arson in Washington house fire
A man has been jailed on charges he threw a burning object at the Washington County house where his married lover and her husband live.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Anthony Montgomery, 20, of Washington, though his mother, Carrie Montgomery, claims he's innocent and being manipulated by the woman.
The Associated Press is not identifying the victims of the fire, because they've not been charged criminally. But according to court records and police, they are convicted sex offenders for an incident involving a 10-year-old boy last year and are now divorcing because of the woman's affair with Montgomery.
Firefighters extinguished Tuesday's blaze, but not before it damaged the second floor of the home.
Montgomery faces a preliminary hearing Nov. 27.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in prescription narcotics operation
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in North Oakland
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- District attorney rejects polygraph deal in molestation case
- Highmark members to keep maternity care at Magee in 2015
- Pitt’s 2015 schedule includes 5 road games in 1st 7 games
- News Alert
- News Alert
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts; fallout from oil and gas decline
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Chase Elliott to replace retiring Gordon in No. 24 car