Man charged with arson in Washington house fire
A man has been jailed on charges he threw a burning object at the Washington County house where his married lover and her husband live.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Anthony Montgomery, 20, of Washington, though his mother, Carrie Montgomery, claims he's innocent and being manipulated by the woman.
The Associated Press is not identifying the victims of the fire, because they've not been charged criminally. But according to court records and police, they are convicted sex offenders for an incident involving a 10-year-old boy last year and are now divorcing because of the woman's affair with Montgomery.
Firefighters extinguished Tuesday's blaze, but not before it damaged the second floor of the home.
Montgomery faces a preliminary hearing Nov. 27.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Coca-Cola shaves incentives for executives
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- Ford City man charged with molesting teen
- DC Picks: Connellsville will get back into win column
- Rayburn offices moving to regular business hours
- The Leader expecting more surprises this week
- Schools converge for Armstrong County Marching Band Festival
- Search for pilot of ultralight aircraft to resume Thursday
- State agency honors Manorville man for hooking up kids with fishing gear
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- C&S Hardware, a Main Street fixture for 20 years, closes in Saxonburg