Man charged with arson in Washington house fire
A man has been jailed on charges he threw a burning object at the Washington County house where his married lover and her husband live.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Anthony Montgomery, 20, of Washington, though his mother, Carrie Montgomery, claims he's innocent and being manipulated by the woman.
The Associated Press is not identifying the victims of the fire, because they've not been charged criminally. But according to court records and police, they are convicted sex offenders for an incident involving a 10-year-old boy last year and are now divorcing because of the woman's affair with Montgomery.
Firefighters extinguished Tuesday's blaze, but not before it damaged the second floor of the home.
Montgomery faces a preliminary hearing Nov. 27.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: Sting making history fighting for WWE title
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- White lion Prince dies at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- Pitt basketball team starting to get injured players back
- Brashear cornerback Coleman picks Pitt
- Rossi: Continuing legend of Pirate Ray
- Morton inconsistent, Pirates’ bats go quiet in 5-0 loss to Rockies
- Switching roles on defense doesn’t faze Duquesne LB Stone
- CDC lauds schools for better nutrition
- MLB notebook: Mets add bullpen depth, get Reed from Diamondbacks