Gerber Foundation gives $1.5 million to Carnegie Library
The Cindy & Murry Gerber Foundation donated $1.5 million to the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh to improve teen services in the North Side and East Liberty.
The money will buy equipment and pay for staff and programs during the next four years. The grant also will pay for a long-term study on the impact of the program.
Visitors to teen services can use iPads, design software and enjoy music and games. Patrons may borrow musical instruments such as guitars, violins, ukuleles and drums.
Murry Gerber is the retired CEO and board chairman of Downtown-based EQT Corp, one of the largest natural gas producers in the region.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
- Sony hack signals new, public front in cyber warfare
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- IBM’s Watson supercomputing system to be applied to PTSD
- Pitt players support Rudolph for job
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Energy sector adjusts to global oil plummet
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status
- PSU employee kicks cancer, picks up degree