Beaver County nursing home sold to New Jersey firm
The Beaver County commissioners on Friday announced the sale of the Friendship Ridge nursing home to a New Jersey company.
The 605-bed nursing home in Brighton was sold to Comprehensive Healthcare Management Services for $37.5 million, said Commissioner Dennis Nichols.
Beaver County officials started looking for a buyer in May because the nursing home has been losing millions of dollars. Nearly 600 people are employed at the nursing home.
A closing for the sale is expected to take place in early March, Nichols said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Liriano, Pirates beat Giants, inch closer to lead in NL Central
- Pirates think Mercer’s defense deserves more credit
- Roundup: Study finds 35 percent in US facing debt collectors; JPMorgan paying $650K to settle CFTC charges; more
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Tech giants lead rush for profits in foreign countries
- Rayburn businessman honored for charitable work
- Fed to keep cards close to the vest
- Home price gains slow for 6th-straight month
- Woman who stabbed while naked in McKees Rocks believed to be in New Kensington area