Beaver County nursing home sold to New Jersey firm
The Beaver County commissioners on Friday announced the sale of the Friendship Ridge nursing home to a New Jersey company.
The 605-bed nursing home in Brighton was sold to Comprehensive Healthcare Management Services for $37.5 million, said Commissioner Dennis Nichols.
Beaver County officials started looking for a buyer in May because the nursing home has been losing millions of dollars. Nearly 600 people are employed at the nursing home.
A closing for the sale is expected to take place in early March, Nichols said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Monssen downs Jeannette to win WPIAL Class A championship
- Pirates sickened by pic of ‘Jihadi John’ wearing Bucs ball cap
- Pirates notebook: Tabata rediscovering his power
- At Pitt, a chance to make early impression under Narduzzi
- Highmark lays off nearly 100 workers, mostly in IT, as membership declines
- U.S. economic growth revised downward to 2.2%
- Woman sues Allegheny County, alleges sex harassment during prisoner transport
- Carnegie Science Center’s ‘H2Oh!’ exhibit explores everything water
- Uniontown podiatrist, 6 others charged in prescription painkiller scheme
- NHL notebook: Blackhawks acquire Kimmo Timonen
- Two charged with selling heroin that killed Lower Burrell woman