Police seek missing Spring Garden man
Pittsburgh police are seeking the public's help locating an man from Spring Garden who is missing.
Robert Shantz, 89, was last seen at his home at 7 a.m. on Friday. Shantz suffers from heart problems and may be confused and disoriented, police said. He is known to frequent Spring Garden Avenue in the city and McKnight Road in Ross.
He is white, 5 feet 8 inches tall, wears glasses and may be wearing a dark coat with a red stripe across the chest. Anyone with information about him is asked to call 911 or the city's missing persons office at 412-323-7141.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- East Allegheny teachers to hit the picket lines
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Homestead to celebrate one of its own at jazz festival
- Flexible-use building in the works for Duquesne
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office