Mt. Oliver woman shot to death
A Mt. Oliver woman was shot to death outside a borough home on Friday, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office.
Jamekia Robinson, 33, was shot in the stomach in the 100 block of Frederick Street shortly before 10 p.m.
Robinson died at UPMC Mercy Hospital at 10:08 p.m., the medical examiner's office said. An autopsy was scheduled for Sunday.
Police and Allegheny County homicide detectives weren't available on Saturday to provide additional information.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- ‘Last of the downtown mansions’ demolished in McKeesport
- 1 intruder killed, another injured in Carrick home invasion
- Standoff ends with Fayette City man’s suicide
- Moody’s downgrades Pa. rating; Corbett ponders pension reform session
- UPMC McKeesport president reiterates hospital will remain open
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- McCandless residents voice opposition to Wal-Mart plan
- PNC Park concert prompts officials to make changes
- Derry Township assault suspect arrested
- Ukrainian festival will go on in McKees Rocks despite crisis in homeland