Missing elderly man found on the North Side
Pittsburgh police found an elderly Spring Garden man Saturday night, a day after they asked for the public's help in locating him.
Robert Schantz, 89, was spotted at the YMCA on West North Avenue by someone who had learned about his disappearance through media reports, police said Saturday night. Schantz had last been seen at his home at 7 a.m. Friday. He was uninjured.
Police said they took him home.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 dead, including student gunman, after Wash. school shooting
- Pirates to end spring in Philadelphia again, sign Stinson to minor league deal
- Wilkinsburg couple arrested after baby girl dies following beating
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Ferrante trial: Cyanide order form in plain sight
- PennDOT warns of delays next week on Butler Street near Highland Park Bridge
- State’s ‘public-private’ transportation deal will replace 53 bridges in Allegheny County
- Howard Hanna family donates $1M for business student scholarships at University of Pittsburgh
- Authorities: Remains belong to missing Va. student
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Arrest made in connection with Rostraver home invasion