Water main break floods Pittsburgh grocery store
A 6-inch water main break flooded a Kuhn's grocery store on Banksville Road early Monday morning.
The break occurred near the Pittsburgh store's loading dock, said Kuhn's president Joe Dentici. When the water level rose above the dock, more than 4 feet high, it started flooding the store, he said.
The store reopened just before noon after cleaning up and passing an inspection by the Allegheny County Health Department, Kuhn's advertising manager Dan Sakala said.
Crews restored service at 2 p.m., said Gary Lobaugh, spokesman for Penn American Water.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- Woman killed in Washington Township crash
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- State’s no-bid contracts with private law firms prompt scrutiny
- Tough times are in past for Pitt senior guard Kiesel
- Pitt women’s basketball team upends Boston College
- HS highlight reel: Softball standouts make commitment to Marist
- Man shot inside his Penn Hills home
- ‘Line is definitely blurry,’ state police say of dating websites and prostitution