Moon police searching for man who robbed scrap yard
Moon police are searching for a man who robbed a scrap yard at gunpoint Monday morning.
A man wearing a black knit mask and holding a large hand gun with a long, square barrel walked into H. Snyder Steel on Montour Road at about 11:30 a.m., police Chief Leo McCarthy said in a news release. The man ordered two employees into a back room and stole money and other items, McCarthy said.
The employees described the man as a heavy-set white male wearing gray sweatpants and a black sweatshirt with the hood up, and said they had noticed a man fitting that description around the business before the robbery, McCarthy said. He may have been watching the business “waiting for his opportunity to strike,” McCarthy said.
Anyone with information is asked to call 412-262-5000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: Is Brock Lesnar leaving WWE again?
- Power play shines in Penguins’ home victory over Blue Jackets
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- Shale drilling boom a bust for some Western Pennsylvania towns
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot dazzles in victory over Blue Jackets
- Sales, income taxes increases expected in Gov. Tom Wolf’s budget
- Teacher conduct under spotlight in Pennsylvania
- ALICE program aims to protect students from active shooter in school
- Pirates starting pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team
- Time to celebrate
- Icy roads causing multiple accidents Sunday evening