Moon police searching for man who robbed scrap yard
Moon police are searching for a man who robbed a scrap yard at gunpoint Monday morning.
A man wearing a black knit mask and holding a large hand gun with a long, square barrel walked into H. Snyder Steel on Montour Road at about 11:30 a.m., police Chief Leo McCarthy said in a news release. The man ordered two employees into a back room and stole money and other items, McCarthy said.
The employees described the man as a heavy-set white male wearing gray sweatpants and a black sweatshirt with the hood up, and said they had noticed a man fitting that description around the business before the robbery, McCarthy said. He may have been watching the business “waiting for his opportunity to strike,” McCarthy said.
Anyone with information is asked to call 412-262-5000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Shazier sits, Justin Brown inactive vs. Texans
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Discipline Pitt’s only optionagainst Georgia Tech
- Mars Area superintendent resigns after short tenure
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Penguins notebook: Johnston blends music, practice for local students
- Bomb threat prompts search at Norwin High School
- Deepening U.S. commitment to Kobani ties Obama’s Islamic State effort to Kurds’ fate
- Indiana slaying suspect hints at more deaths
- Panthers notebook: Three Pitt players named ACC players of the week