Moon police searching for man who robbed scrap yard
Moon police are searching for a man who robbed a scrap yard at gunpoint Monday morning.
A man wearing a black knit mask and holding a large hand gun with a long, square barrel walked into H. Snyder Steel on Montour Road at about 11:30 a.m., police Chief Leo McCarthy said in a news release. The man ordered two employees into a back room and stole money and other items, McCarthy said.
The employees described the man as a heavy-set white male wearing gray sweatpants and a black sweatshirt with the hood up, and said they had noticed a man fitting that description around the business before the robbery, McCarthy said. He may have been watching the business “waiting for his opportunity to strike,” McCarthy said.
Anyone with information is asked to call 412-262-5000.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Penguins’ defensive depth proves valuable
- Hotel building boom sweeps Pittsburgh region
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz ‘really close’ to return
- Man involved with crash with officer dies in Pittsburgh hospital
- Giant Eagle Inc. appears to have settled ‘fuelperks!’ lawsuit