Police identify man found in Lake Arthur
The Butler County Coroner's Office Wednesday identified a man whose body was found in Lake Arthur in Moraine State Park.
Nick Sopel, 62, of Lyndora had been missing since Nov. 14, when his car was found near the Route 422 bridge that spans Lake Arthur.
Park rangers, state police, the Butler County water rescue team, volunteer firefighters and emergency workers searched the area nearby without success for several days.
Sopel was found Tuesday with the use of an underwater camera donated to the park by his family to aid in the search for him. Crews spotted his fully clothed body in about 8 feet of water. The cause and manner of Sopel's death are pending.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline
- Mt. Pleasant seeks on-street bike trail through downtown
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Trial near for Shaler man paralyzed in Pittsburgh police shooting
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Americans detained in North Korea call for US help
- Baldwin native McNulty’s storied legal career leads to Grove City post