Cranberry woman wins Miss Pennsylvania USA pageant
Valerie Gatto of Cranberry won the Miss Pennsylvania USA pageant Sunday night at the Hyatt Regency at Pittsburgh International Airport, officials said.
Gatto, 24, beat 52 candidates to represent the state at the Miss USA 2014 Pageant, to be held at a date to be determined in Las Vegas, said pageant spokesman Randy Sanders.
Sydney Robinson, 16, of Williamsport was crowned Miss Teen Pennsylvania USA out of a field of 58.
In addition to competing for the national crown, the two will spend a year representing the pageant and the state at ceremonial functions.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates, Worley edge Brewers, 1-0, move to cusp of playoffs
- Pirates notebook: Bucs set single-season attendance record
- Woodlands Foundation toasts FedEx Ground volunteers at Butterfly Ball
- How to take good care of kitchen appliances
- Ex-etiquette: As kids age, consider change in visitation schedule
- Sole Highlands HS twirler follows in grandmother’s footsteps
- Duquesne Light hires new operations vice president
- Police say rifle carried by suspect in state trooper ambush found
- Concept Art sale is big on local big-name artists
- Inside the glass: Penguins’ Martin, Ehrhoff look comfortable together
- Pitt notebook: Receiving depth up in the air