Cranberry woman wins Miss Pennsylvania USA pageant
Valerie Gatto of Cranberry won the Miss Pennsylvania USA pageant Sunday night at the Hyatt Regency at Pittsburgh International Airport, officials said.
Gatto, 24, beat 52 candidates to represent the state at the Miss USA 2014 Pageant, to be held at a date to be determined in Las Vegas, said pageant spokesman Randy Sanders.
Sydney Robinson, 16, of Williamsport was crowned Miss Teen Pennsylvania USA out of a field of 58.
In addition to competing for the national crown, the two will spend a year representing the pageant and the state at ceremonial functions.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burnett pitches well in farewell, but Pirates lose to Reds
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell shrugs off Ravens WR’s comments
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Kessel addition, better health could have Pens scoring like it’s 1990s
- Pitt holds off Virginia Tech in ACC opener
- Shaler man charged in death of girl, 6, not prosecuted in repeated alcohol cases
- Recruiting Philly a layup for Penn State’s Chambers
- Alle-Kiski Valley PSSA assessment scores higher than state standards
- Pirates fans on edge as season again coming down to wild card
- Are Pirates better positioned to win it all this postseason?
- Afghan charity hospital bombed; Defense Secretary Carter vows full investigation