Greensburg man dies after multi-vehicle crash on Route 22
Man dies after car hits salt truck on Route 22
A 21-year-old Greensburg man died from multiple injuries he sustained in a multi-vehicle crash along Route 22 in Murrysville Sunday, according to the Allegheny County medical examiner's office.
Brett Caughlan was pronounced dead at Forbes Regional Medical Center about one hour after the 6:48 p.m. crash, according to the medical examiner's office.
The initial crash involved a car and a PennDOT salt truck, just west of the Manor Road intersection, and caused the highway to close for several hours, according to Murrysville Police.
Police said the crash involved four vehicles.
According to police, the car Caughlan was driving was traveling east when it struck the salt truck, then crossed into the westbound lanes and struck two westbound vehicles.
Police Chief Thomas Seefeld said the crash remains under investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- 2nd American journalist beheaded as ISIS jihadist taunts, ‘I’m back, Obama’
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- IUP’s Lane seizes big opportunity
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Smaller companies outperform multinationals on U.S. strength over eurozone