Greensburg man dies after multi-vehicle crash on Route 22
Man dies after car hits salt truck on Route 22
A 21-year-old Greensburg man died from multiple injuries he sustained in a multi-vehicle crash along Route 22 in Murrysville Sunday, according to the Allegheny County medical examiner's office.
Brett Caughlan was pronounced dead at Forbes Regional Medical Center about one hour after the 6:48 p.m. crash, according to the medical examiner's office.
The initial crash involved a car and a PennDOT salt truck, just west of the Manor Road intersection, and caused the highway to close for several hours, according to Murrysville Police.
Police said the crash involved four vehicles.
According to police, the car Caughlan was driving was traveling east when it struck the salt truck, then crossed into the westbound lanes and struck two westbound vehicles.
Police Chief Thomas Seefeld said the crash remains under investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pair accused of stealing bronze vases at Greenwood Memorial Park
- Musical fundraiser carries across generations
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- State trooper shot and killed during training exercise
- NK grocery store robbed
- Spokesman for India’s PM tells Pitt audience of pro-business agenda
- Stop nets 3 men on gun, drug charges in New Kensington
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Venezuela’s Maduro says airlines wage ‘economic war’
- Pittsburgh rises up for a 2nd year of Pirates magic