Greensburg man dies after multi-vehicle crash on Route 22
Man dies after car hits salt truck on Route 22
A 21-year-old Greensburg man died from multiple injuries he sustained in a multi-vehicle crash along Route 22 in Murrysville Sunday, according to the Allegheny County medical examiner's office.
Brett Caughlan was pronounced dead at Forbes Regional Medical Center about one hour after the 6:48 p.m. crash, according to the medical examiner's office.
The initial crash involved a car and a PennDOT salt truck, just west of the Manor Road intersection, and caused the highway to close for several hours, according to Murrysville Police.
Police said the crash involved four vehicles.
According to police, the car Caughlan was driving was traveling east when it struck the salt truck, then crossed into the westbound lanes and struck two westbound vehicles.
Police Chief Thomas Seefeld said the crash remains under investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins GM Rutherford ‘wouldn’t make’ Despres trade today
- Starkey: Kang story of the year for Pirates
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Man’s body found hours after disappearance on Youghiogheny River
- Chevron settles fatal well fire lawsuit for $5 million
- Steelers notebook: Blake gets outside shot in nickel
- International counterfeiter sentenced in Pittsburgh to 7 1/2 years in prison
- 15 Chinese nationals indicted in Pittsburgh for fraudulently taking college board exams
- Task force to plot ways of easing gas glut in Pennsylvania via pipelines
- Concert business booming at Heinz Field this summer
- IRS cybersecurity breach touches lives of homebuyers, others