Greensburg man dies after multi-vehicle crash on Route 22
Man dies after car hits salt truck on Route 22
A 21-year-old Greensburg man died from multiple injuries he sustained in a multi-vehicle crash along Route 22 in Murrysville Sunday, according to the Allegheny County medical examiner's office.
Brett Caughlan was pronounced dead at Forbes Regional Medical Center about one hour after the 6:48 p.m. crash, according to the medical examiner's office.
The initial crash involved a car and a PennDOT salt truck, just west of the Manor Road intersection, and caused the highway to close for several hours, according to Murrysville Police.
Police said the crash involved four vehicles.
According to police, the car Caughlan was driving was traveling east when it struck the salt truck, then crossed into the westbound lanes and struck two westbound vehicles.
Police Chief Thomas Seefeld said the crash remains under investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Roethlisberger staging big comeback
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- Report blames pilot for 2011 Hawaii crash that killed Pittsburgh couple
- Stock market investors going full speed ahead
- Young Hotel residents moved to temporary shelter in Pitcairn
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- $500,000 OK’d as partial settlement in lawsuit from 2012 Pittsburgh flash flood
- Wider Israeli attack threatened ; truce fails
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia sued by brother over loan