Greensburg man dies after multi-vehicle crash on Route 22
Man dies after car hits salt truck on Route 22
A 21-year-old Greensburg man died from multiple injuries he sustained in a multi-vehicle crash along Route 22 in Murrysville Sunday, according to the Allegheny County medical examiner's office.
Brett Caughlan was pronounced dead at Forbes Regional Medical Center about one hour after the 6:48 p.m. crash, according to the medical examiner's office.
The initial crash involved a car and a PennDOT salt truck, just west of the Manor Road intersection, and caused the highway to close for several hours, according to Murrysville Police.
Police said the crash involved four vehicles.
According to police, the car Caughlan was driving was traveling east when it struck the salt truck, then crossed into the westbound lanes and struck two westbound vehicles.
Police Chief Thomas Seefeld said the crash remains under investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prime time not kind to Heinz Field
- Ferrante defense continues to question cyanide tests
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Woman’s body found in Mars home
- Penguins veteran defenseman Scuderi’s game looking up
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Kennametal profit, sales improve in 1Q, but forecast reduced
- Clairton police rounding up street-level drug dealers
- Fulbright Program gives Pine woman taste of Thailand