Greensburg man dies after multi-vehicle crash on Route 22
Man dies after car hits salt truck on Route 22
A 21-year-old Greensburg man died from multiple injuries he sustained in a multi-vehicle crash along Route 22 in Murrysville Sunday, according to the Allegheny County medical examiner's office.
Brett Caughlan was pronounced dead at Forbes Regional Medical Center about one hour after the 6:48 p.m. crash, according to the medical examiner's office.
The initial crash involved a car and a PennDOT salt truck, just west of the Manor Road intersection, and caused the highway to close for several hours, according to Murrysville Police.
Police said the crash involved four vehicles.
According to police, the car Caughlan was driving was traveling east when it struck the salt truck, then crossed into the westbound lanes and struck two westbound vehicles.
Police Chief Thomas Seefeld said the crash remains under investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Lovejoy says individual play is problematic
- Western Pa. May markets, plant sellers ready to spring into action
- Greensburg high school roundup: No. 4 Hempfield baseball routs Norwin
- Lexus sport coupe has youthful appeal, power
- NFL Draft preview: Safety crop offers no sure-fire stars
- Mars’ Rinaman sprints to 2 gold medals at host invitational
- Armenia commemorates massacre
- Magma chamber spied under Yellowstone volcano
- Terrorists planned attack on Vatican, officials say
- First Amendment experts decry Plum authorities’ warning to students
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen unfazed by return to Arizona