Greensburg man dies after multi-vehicle crash on Route 22
Man dies after car hits salt truck on Route 22
A 21-year-old Greensburg man died from multiple injuries he sustained in a multi-vehicle crash along Route 22 in Murrysville Sunday, according to the Allegheny County medical examiner's office.
Brett Caughlan was pronounced dead at Forbes Regional Medical Center about one hour after the 6:48 p.m. crash, according to the medical examiner's office.
The initial crash involved a car and a PennDOT salt truck, just west of the Manor Road intersection, and caused the highway to close for several hours, according to Murrysville Police.
Police said the crash involved four vehicles.
According to police, the car Caughlan was driving was traveling east when it struck the salt truck, then crossed into the westbound lanes and struck two westbound vehicles.
Police Chief Thomas Seefeld said the crash remains under investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Cole is simply not good enough for Pirates
- Opening season away from home may be a good thing, Penguins say
- Penguins recall Maatta in time for season opener in Dallas
- State closing Zelienople treatment facility after allegations of child sexual abuse
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Prudhomme, Louisiana chef who popularized Cajun food, dies at 75
- Armstrong County Jail warden resigns
- Pirates no match for Cubs, Arrieta in wild-card loss
- Former Pittsburgh mayoral candidate sentenced to prison for bogus 911 calls
- Grandparents’ bids for child custody imperiled
- Pirates notebook: Tempers boil after Arrieta beaned