Bridgeville man announces candidacy for state representative
An Allegheny County businessman threw his hat into the Pennsylvania state representative race Wednesday.
Jason Ortitay, 29, of Bridgeville, is seeking the Republican Party Nomination for the 46th district, which is made up of part Allegheny, Beaver and Washington counties. Democrat Jesse White currently represents the district.
Ortitay is the owner of the fundraising company Jason's Cheesecake Company based out of Ambridge.
He is a 2002 graduate of Avella Area High School and has degrees from Robert Morris and Stetson universities.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Big Bang ‘waves’ go poof under analysis
- Rossi: History beckons for Seattle’s Seahawks
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- Tennessee quarterback Peterman considers transfer to Pitt
- High school notebook: Apollo-Ridge’s Tre Tipton says Pitt can’t dwell on lost recruits
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Penguins minor league notebook: Rookie Wilson emerges as 3rd-line NHL prospect
- Freeport’s Romanchak to sign with Robert Morris
- Penn State New Kensington loses 4th in a row as rally comes up short
- Rural residents need medical specialist services
- Alle-Kiski Valley deemed medically underserved