Woman's body found hours after vehicle wrecked in Washington County
A woman's body was found Monday afternoon nearly 400 feet from the spot where her wrecked vehicle was found 12 hours earlier, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said.
Warco said the body of Sandra Wyvonne Howard, 49, of Claysville, was found at 5:10 p.m. on the berm of McDonald Road in West Finley. He said Howard's abandoned vehicle was found by road crew workers at 5 a.m.
It is believed the crash occurred sometime between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m., Warco said.
A ruling on a cause and manner of Howard's death won't be made until an autopsy is completed.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Environmental watchdog sues world’s largest steelmaker over Pennsylvania pollution
- Feds tapped top Pa. Treasury official’s phone during McCord probe
- Rossi: Cole is simply not good enough for Pirates
- Penguins recall Maatta in time for season opener in Dallas
- Ligonier Township authority plans line flushing
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Coal industry seeks unusual partner in UN green climate fund
- FBI, other authorities serve search warrant on methadone clinic near Uniontown
- Peters Township’s Bruce captures WPIAL Class AAA golf title
- Mecca pilgrimage death toll at 1,399
- Opening season away from home may be a good thing, Penguins say