Minor injuries reported in school van crash in West End Circle
By Margaret Harding
Published: Thursday, Dec. 19, 2013, 9:39 a.m.
Six students were hurt in a collision between a school van and another vehicle in the West End Circle on Thursday, officials said.
The crash was reported at 9:05 a.m., an emergency dispatch supervisor said.
Paramedics took the students, ages 16 and 17, to Allegheny General Hospital in the North Side with minor injuries, Pittsburgh EMS Acting Division Chief James Holman said.
Pittsburgh police said the driver of the sports utility vehicle ran a red light and will be cited,
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Starkey: Penguins’ arrogance astounding
- Meat prices drain barbecue budgets
- Matt Calvert’s goal in double OT evens series for Blue Jackets
- NFL notebook: Pryor will be cut if he’s not traded
- Penguins’ Gibbons scores twice but leaves with apparent injury
- Pair of Braun homers spells defeat for Pirates
- One dead, one wounded in shooting at Chartiers party
- North Versailles, Murrysville families still waiting for report on 2011 chopper crash that killed couple
- Draftees’ longevity key for NFL success
- Biertempfel: Kendall’s book offers inside look at life in majors