Ross fills vacancy on board of commissioners
Paul Trilli was appointed to fill a vacancy on the Ross board of commissioners at a special meeting on Friday.
Trilli, the Heinz Field/Aramark operations director, will replace 7th Ward commissioner Gerald O'Brien, who resigned on Nov. 18 to serve as the township's tax collector.
Commissioners Grace Stanko, Grant Montgomery and David Mikec and vacancy board chair George Tunney voted for Trilli. Commissioner Lana Mazur abstained. Commissioners Peter Ferraro, John Sponcer, Chris Rand Eyster and Daniel DeMarco did not attend the meeting.
Retired truck driver Patrick Mullin was nominated for the position, but did not receive any votes.
Trilli will join newly elected commissioners Jeremy Shaffer and Stephen Krobel, who will replace Ferraro and Eyster in January.
Kelsey Shea is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NASA head tells Pitt grads their generation will ‘walk the face of Mars’
- Fire caused $75,000 in damage to Beltzhoover playground
- From injuries to front office, Penguins’ season didn’t lack drama
- Rossi: Penguins’ best bet is on Martin
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Young defensemen make case for future with Penguins
- Aftershocks terrify survivors of quake in Nepal that killed 2,500
- High risk, reward with 1st-round quarterbacks in NFL Draft
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this
- Crews battle 5-alarm fire at North Union industrial building
- Penguins president: General manager, coach won’t be fired