Beechview man arrested, charged with possessing child pornography
Police arrested a Beechview man accused of possessing child pornography after investigators traced sexually explicit images to his computer.
The Attorney General's Child Predator Section on Tuesday announced the 10 counts of felony sexual abuse of children for possessing child pornography and one count of criminal use of a communication facility filed against Christopher Bailey, 49.
Agents found a number of files depicting children in sex acts and poses, and learned they were downloaded to and shared from Bailey's computer, according to a release from the Attorney General's Office. They found hundreds of child pornographic videos following a search of Bailey's computers and other electronic devices.
The child predator section has made 113 arrests this year, the release said.
Bailey has a preliminary hearing scheduled Dec. 31.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in North Oakland
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in prescription narcotics operation
- PennDOT says inbound Fort Pitt Tunnel will close around-the-clock this weekend
- Highmark members to keep maternity care at Magee in 2015
- Pitt’s 2015 schedule includes 5 road games in 1st 7 games
- Young Hempfield swimmers look to make impact at WCCA meet
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- Special Olympians to take to center court at Pitt-Greensburg
- Woman pays $178 fine for Westmoreland courthouse conduct
- Greensburg Salem swimmers preparing for WPIAL meet