Inbound lane near Squirrel Hill Tunnel reopens
A lane of the Parkway East near the Squirrel Hill Tunnel reopened Wednesday afternoon, hours after PennDOT officials closed it because of a stubborn patch of ice that presented a potential hazard to Christmas Day drivers.
The closure of the inbound right lane caused traffic to back up before the tunnel.
Temperatures in Pittsburgh area are forecast to rise into the 30s Wednesday evening.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Military academy members hone hacking skills at competition
- NHL notebook: Family says ex-Hawk Mikita has dementia
- Homework: Pittsburgh Home Show to feature celebs, wine and pets
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- NFL notebook: Manning would like to make decision on NFL future soon
- McCord to plead guilty to federal charges from campaign fundraising
- Monessen woman dies in truck-car crash on Route 51 in Fayette County
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion
- Pirates sign 2 to minor league deals
- Week before sentencing, Ferrante seeks acquittal or new trial
- Acting helped ‘Justified’s’ Dillahunt overcome tragedy