Inbound lane near Squirrel Hill Tunnel reopens
A lane of the Parkway East near the Squirrel Hill Tunnel reopened Wednesday afternoon, hours after PennDOT officials closed it because of a stubborn patch of ice that presented a potential hazard to Christmas Day drivers.
The closure of the inbound right lane caused traffic to back up before the tunnel.
Temperatures in Pittsburgh area are forecast to rise into the 30s Wednesday evening.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Duquesne Light workers find decomposing body
- Woman dead in three-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Penguins send down pair, Bortuzzo practices
- State overseers reject Mayor Bill Peduto’s 2015 city budget
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Pittsburgh City Council President officially cited for dumping trash on steps of South Side business
- 550 W.Va. coal miners failed drug tests in two years
- Rape charges dropped against NY man, statute of limitations expired
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates