Inbound lane near Squirrel Hill Tunnel reopens
A lane of the Parkway East near the Squirrel Hill Tunnel reopened Wednesday afternoon, hours after PennDOT officials closed it because of a stubborn patch of ice that presented a potential hazard to Christmas Day drivers.
The closure of the inbound right lane caused traffic to back up before the tunnel.
Temperatures in Pittsburgh area are forecast to rise into the 30s Wednesday evening.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Just wait until Ben comes back
- Tomlin on Bell’s late TD: ‘We were going to go for it’
- A farewell party for the Greenfield Bridge, then the headaches that follow
- Penguins notebook: Young and old embrace uniqueness of home opener
- Steelers defense displays resiliency in victory over Chargers
- Bell’s last-second TD lifts Steelers over Chargers
- Kicker Julius likely to keep his job, PSU’s Franklin says
- Pittsburgh considering self-insured health benefits to cut costs
- Pirates coach Sofield interviews for Padres manager
- Sisters of St. Francis of the Providence of God sell 33-acre Whitehall home
- Smallwood status uncertain heading into WVU’s game at No. 2 Baylor