Inbound lane near Squirrel Hill Tunnel reopens
A lane of the Parkway East near the Squirrel Hill Tunnel reopened Wednesday afternoon, hours after PennDOT officials closed it because of a stubborn patch of ice that presented a potential hazard to Christmas Day drivers.
The closure of the inbound right lane caused traffic to back up before the tunnel.
Temperatures in Pittsburgh area are forecast to rise into the 30s Wednesday evening.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Pitt notebook: Panthers defense responds to questions with shutout
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Americans detained in North Korea call for US help
- Western Pennsylvania workers’ names echo different career paths
- Former Clairton, Pitt cornerback Coles enrolls at Duquesne