Inbound lane near Squirrel Hill Tunnel reopens
A lane of the Parkway East near the Squirrel Hill Tunnel reopened Wednesday afternoon, hours after PennDOT officials closed it because of a stubborn patch of ice that presented a potential hazard to Christmas Day drivers.
The closure of the inbound right lane caused traffic to back up before the tunnel.
Temperatures in Pittsburgh area are forecast to rise into the 30s Wednesday evening.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- 2 found dead in Harrison home
- Mother, baby found dead in Millvale apartment
- Steelers sign former ACC Player of the Year Boyd for QB depth
- Plum teacher’s attorney: Victim’s age a factor in sex assault case
- Route 422 closed after serious accident in Kittanning Township
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Scottdale man charged with raping child in 1990s
- Allegheny County Controller candidates quarrel 2 days before Dem endorsement vote
- Rossi: Kang would benefit from less attention
- WPIAL heavyweights take 3 spots in PIAA Class AA semifinals
- Weather continues to cause crashes, public transportation delays