Accident snarls traffic on Interstate 70
The westbound lanes of Interstate 70 in Rostraver reopened Thursday evening after being closed for about 45 minutes as a result of a tractor-trailer-car accident at the Route 51 interchange, emergency officials said.
At one point traffic was backed up as far as the Smithton interchange in South Huntingdon.
Rostraver Central Fire Chief Vince Campbell said an occupant of the car that overturned suffered minor injuries and was transported to an area hospital.
The accident was reported at 5:33 p.m. underneath the Route 51 overpass, Campbell said.
State police at Belle Vernon are investigating.
Additional details were not yet available early Thursday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Newsmaker: Thomas J. Usher
- Westmoreland prison online visit program delayed again
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Hempfield killer Stahl ordered to pay for slain wife’s funeral
- Natrona Bottling Co. keeps soda pop operation small, putting effort into craft, taste
- Allegheny County Council members outspend expense accounts
- Foundation donates $350K to revitalize facades in Downtown Pittsburgh
- 58-acre site for proposed Fayette County jail back on market
- Cantor was passionate about church, heritage