Accident snarls traffic on Interstate 70
The westbound lanes of Interstate 70 in Rostraver reopened Thursday evening after being closed for about 45 minutes as a result of a tractor-trailer-car accident at the Route 51 interchange, emergency officials said.
At one point traffic was backed up as far as the Smithton interchange in South Huntingdon.
Rostraver Central Fire Chief Vince Campbell said an occupant of the car that overturned suffered minor injuries and was transported to an area hospital.
The accident was reported at 5:33 p.m. underneath the Route 51 overpass, Campbell said.
State police at Belle Vernon are investigating.
Additional details were not yet available early Thursday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ Worley tosses 4-hit shutout vs. Giants
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Undefeated West Mifflin set to open American Legion state tournament
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Rain postpones Monday’s Fayette County Baseball League playoff games
- Freeport grad picks PSAC’s Mercyhurst
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Pittsburgh Brewing tries to reconnect with region, return to glory days
- Marine recalls sights, sounds of Saigon: April 30, 1975 — the day the U.S. Embassy closed
- Westmoreland women stole thousands to finance dog show appearances