Accident snarls traffic on Interstate 70
The westbound lanes of Interstate 70 in Rostraver reopened Thursday evening after being closed for about 45 minutes as a result of a tractor-trailer-car accident at the Route 51 interchange, emergency officials said.
At one point traffic was backed up as far as the Smithton interchange in South Huntingdon.
Rostraver Central Fire Chief Vince Campbell said an occupant of the car that overturned suffered minor injuries and was transported to an area hospital.
The accident was reported at 5:33 p.m. underneath the Route 51 overpass, Campbell said.
State police at Belle Vernon are investigating.
Additional details were not yet available early Thursday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Officials to limit tailgating before Jason Aldean concert at PNC Park
- Strong demand drives East End apartment developers to expedite next project
- Federal appeals court deals blow to Affordable Care Act
- Sprint customers can now send texts to Allegheny County 911
- Woman charged in city Pride scuffle waives hearing on charges she assaulted her mother
- Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease cases
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- Green Tree company’s complaint ends with settlement of false claims lawsuit
- McCandless residents voice opposition to Wal-Mart plan
- UPMC McKeesport president reiterates hospital will remain open
- Greene Co. town sued over regulation on seismic testing