Accident snarls traffic on Interstate 70
The westbound lanes of Interstate 70 in Rostraver reopened Thursday evening after being closed for about 45 minutes as a result of a tractor-trailer-car accident at the Route 51 interchange, emergency officials said.
At one point traffic was backed up as far as the Smithton interchange in South Huntingdon.
Rostraver Central Fire Chief Vince Campbell said an occupant of the car that overturned suffered minor injuries and was transported to an area hospital.
The accident was reported at 5:33 p.m. underneath the Route 51 overpass, Campbell said.
State police at Belle Vernon are investigating.
Additional details were not yet available early Thursday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Penguins notebook: Five defensemen dress against San Jose
- Before leak, NSA mulled ending phone program
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of union retirees’ pensions
- ‘Swing Night’ has feel of Prohibiton-era dance hall
- Duke returns to Final Four with win over Gonzaga
- Starkey: Next frontier for Steelers offense
- Pirates notebook: Decker leaves game with calf injury
- More Parkway West closures planned this week
- Arrests made in South Side fracas
- West Virginia continues WNIT run, advances to semifinals