Accident snarls traffic on Interstate 70
The westbound lanes of Interstate 70 in Rostraver reopened Thursday evening after being closed for about 45 minutes as a result of a tractor-trailer-car accident at the Route 51 interchange, emergency officials said.
At one point traffic was backed up as far as the Smithton interchange in South Huntingdon.
Rostraver Central Fire Chief Vince Campbell said an occupant of the car that overturned suffered minor injuries and was transported to an area hospital.
The accident was reported at 5:33 p.m. underneath the Route 51 overpass, Campbell said.
State police at Belle Vernon are investigating.
Additional details were not yet available early Thursday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins fall to 0-3 after losing to Canadiens
- Wildcat formation is pulled back out of Steelers’ bag of tricks
- Rossi: Just wait until Ben comes back
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin dismisses clock run-off near end of Chargers game
- Man killed by train in Homestead
- Tomlin on Bell’s late TD: ‘We were going to go for it’
- Pitt TE Holtz quietly taking on leadership role, setting example
- Pirates coach Sofield interviews for Padres manager
- Losing jobs over Ex-Im’s expiration? Don’t believe it
- KitchenWise: Master the easy art of cooking dried beans from scratch
- Federal authorities say they’ve solved botnet scheme that stole millions from Penneco Oil, targeted Sharon City School District