Accident snarls traffic on Interstate 70
The westbound lanes of Interstate 70 in Rostraver reopened Thursday evening after being closed for about 45 minutes as a result of a tractor-trailer-car accident at the Route 51 interchange, emergency officials said.
At one point traffic was backed up as far as the Smithton interchange in South Huntingdon.
Rostraver Central Fire Chief Vince Campbell said an occupant of the car that overturned suffered minor injuries and was transported to an area hospital.
The accident was reported at 5:33 p.m. underneath the Route 51 overpass, Campbell said.
State police at Belle Vernon are investigating.
Additional details were not yet available early Thursday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Few knew of cyber attack on White House computer network
- Elsa from ‘Frozen’ popular for kids in Halloween parades at Armstrong schools
- Smicksburg businesses get jump on Christmas
- Apollo fills solicitor job with Leechburg-based attorney
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- Pitt, IUP to experiment with 30-second shot clock
- Police: Man wanted in fatal ambush of Pennsylvania trooper finally captured