Accident snarls traffic on Interstate 70
The westbound lanes of Interstate 70 in Rostraver reopened Thursday evening after being closed for about 45 minutes as a result of a tractor-trailer-car accident at the Route 51 interchange, emergency officials said.
At one point traffic was backed up as far as the Smithton interchange in South Huntingdon.
Rostraver Central Fire Chief Vince Campbell said an occupant of the car that overturned suffered minor injuries and was transported to an area hospital.
The accident was reported at 5:33 p.m. underneath the Route 51 overpass, Campbell said.
State police at Belle Vernon are investigating.
Additional details were not yet available early Thursday night.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Slovenian Club in Claridge is marking 100th anniversary
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Alle-Kiski Valley high school roundup: No. 2 Riverview wins in opener
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Nearly 1 in 10 has had identity stolen, RMU poll finds
- Unions warn of problems with referrals outside Veterans Affairs system
- Westmoreland judge keeps Ligonier Borough planning commission intact
- U.S. Customs loses track of 6K students who overstayed visas